No announcement yet.

Selective memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love it when we get accused of being drunk on our own power.

I'll be honest. I abuse my power as a CS.com moderator all the time. Here are some examples:

- When my husband and I go out to dinner, and I tell the maitre 'd that I am a moderator at CS.com, we always get a startled and confused look - because they're so overwhelmed that someone like me would patronize their establishment. Then we always get a table at the back of the restaurant directly beside the bathrooms! Talk about special treatment! We've never had to walk more than several feet to use the toilet while dining out - as long as I mention my special moderator status.

- I can walk into any Starbucks in the province, mention that I am a CS.com moderator, give them $4.15, and get a grande latte. Just like that.

- I got a huge deal on my last car. After explaining my duties as a CS.com moderator at great length, the salesman excused himself from the showroom and spent a few minutes whispering to his supervisor in his office. Then he came out and told me that usually the steering wheel cost $1000 extra, but he'd throw it in for only $599. He called it the "moderator's special".

The list goes on and on....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
      He invoked Godwin on this (both Nazis and Stormtroopers).
      I've gotten that one once or twice myself. I wonder how they know I'm of German heritage? It's not like I go advertising it.
      --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

• Ok Boozy that was pretty fucking funny .....if only it got you places eh?
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• It's because you're all so damn intimidating looking, dontcha know.

*runs*

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            I've gotten that one once or twice myself. I wonder how they know I'm of German heritage? It's not like I go advertising it.
            I'll call your heritage and raise you being born there!

(Father in the army and stationed over there - I arrived at some point).

Rapscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
              I'll call your heritage and raise you being born there!

(Father in the army and stationed over there - I arrived at some point).
              I was as well. Pretty much the same situation. My dad was in the service, my mom came with him, and I ended up being born there. We came back when I was a year old or so, so I have no memory of being over there.

In fact, I think you and I had this conversation privately back when some noob called me a nazi after I infracted him for arguing with the mod team.
              --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

• And, of course, we all know that the (bowing) smilie on CS is not intended to be used when a CS'er, or one of their cow-orkers, have pwned an SC, or when a Customer or cow-orker has done something incredibly nice for the CS'er.

No, the sole reason for that smilie, is to express our sheer awe of the Mods.

Fortunately, the Mods have apparently forgotten about the deeply buried rule that all posts are to start out with "All Hail the Mods!!" sandwiched between two of the bowing smilies.

Mike
                If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

• Personally, I'm a bit insulted whenever a user refers to me as "Hitler". I'd much prefer the tag of "Stalin." XXD
                  "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                    In fact, I think you and I had this conversation privately back when some noob called me a nazi after I infracted him for arguing with the mod team.
                    In my defence, I've slept since then

Rapscallion
                    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      Personally, I'm a bit insulted whenever a user refers to me as "Hitler". I'd much prefer the tag of "Stalin." XXD
                      I prefer "Ghengis Khan" myself.

Comment

• Originality is key. I mean, the term "Hitler" is just so blah.
                        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          Originality is key. I mean, the term "Hitler" is just so blah.
                          And overused. If I'm gonna be referred to one of them, I want one of the lesser known ones.

Comment

• Well, I can't speak for any of the other mods, but I really must confess I do enjoy being drunk with power.

You see, I have no life outside the internet and CS. I am a big loser, and when I visit CS and see that shiny moderator badge, I get such an ego boost. It makes me feel important, and so smart!!!

I love finding condescending and "smarmy" ways of dealing with people because it makes me feel better than them.

The highlight of my day is when I get called a "Nazi" or get accused of abusing my power, because then, I know I have done it just right and someone has noticed me.

I love wielding the ban hammer willy-nilly, based on nothing more than a random member search.

I confess, I take my laptop to bed and fall asleep while plotting ways to drive away some more people. I barely sleep with the giddy excitement of knowing that, come morning, I can start all over again and look for somebody to pick on and start a fight with.

After all, I really don't have enough to fill my life.
                            I crave the excitement of knowing I am hated and mocked behind my back because I am a moderator at CS.com who is drunk with power.

Sometimes, I think it's a sexual thing.
                            I get off being a hardass bitch with delusions of grandeur.

The stress of working a full time job while coping with health issues and almost 24/7 pain doesn't do it for me.

Dealing with the hassles of raising troubled teens and all the drama that is my daughter's life is boring to me.

I need that daily affirmation that I have ruined someone's internet experience just because I can.

But that's just me...
                            Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

• *snicker*

Ree, I'm totally laughing my ass off over here after reading that.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                                *snicker*

Ree, I'm totally laughing my ass off over here after reading that.

^-.-^
                                Oh me too......another great one.
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X