TV rants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    That's exactly what I meant though. it was suppose to end at season 4, then he ended up with season 5 and the show suffered overall as a result.
    That's the thing. In terms of the storyline, it wasn't supposed to end at season 4. As far as the storyline goes, it was spot on to his plan. It's just the cast and crew didn't know about season 5 until after they finished episode 422, so a lot of them had other commitments and lost the focus that they had before, which is what caused the lack of quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
      And I'm glad I'm not the only one who is sick to death of weepy pop songs plaguing the airwaves.
      Not just weepy pop songs, but loud weepy pop songs. That totally ruin the mood 'cause you just want to turn down the blasted volume. >_<

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
      That's the thing. In terms of the storyline, it wasn't supposed to end at season 4. As far as the storyline goes, it was spot on to his plan. It's just the cast and crew didn't know about season 5 until after they finished episode 422, so a lot of them had other commitments and lost the focus that they had before, which is what caused the lack of quality.
      In this case, it could be put down to a bit of executive meddling, with the rug pulled out at the end of 4, and then a new rug set down for 5 too late to retain the momentum.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Going through Bones up till season 5 in a short fashion (yay Netflix), I don't think they started with the crappy pop songs until seasons 4 and 5. Season 5 was meh, but still watchable.

Comment

No? No Scrubs fans? No one else who thinks the last unfinished season was God awful?
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

DD, I'm going through Bones in the same fashion ( <3 Netflix ), and I started really noticing the awful pop songs as early as season 3, and I'm thinking they were in 2, as well. Of course, the episode with Lauper in it at least had an excuse for using the music in question.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X