No announcement yet.

A few things in video games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've noticed that in most racing games, actually. XD All you have to do is make one tiny mistake, for example, hitting a tree or going offroad... and twenty cars zoom past you. O_o
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Or if you slow down a litte bit when you take a turn so you don't hit the wall, it seems like the guy who's in last is right on your ass and just zooms by. That said I'm still egearly awaiting NASCAR 11.
      "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Oh yes. Or somehow when it starts even though you know the cars around you didn't get a boost, they're somehow zooming ahead of you like they just had a jetpack strapped to their engine.
        "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Ah yes, rubber band A.I. You want to see a really nasty example of it, play Burnout 3. No matter how much faster you are traveling as opposed to the other cars, if you so much as bump a railing, you'll find yourself in last place.

Of course Mario Kart Wii took on a more insidious approach to cheating AI. On more than one occasion, I could be within spitting distance to the finish line only to be hit with no less than 3 stun attacks in succession, taking me from first place to last, on the 50cc mode, which is supposed to be easy! Fucking blue shells...

Comment

Oh yes, the fucking blue shells...and at least on the DS, I want to know...HOW are they supposed to move you up? They only hit the first person! There's still x number of people in front of you. At least on the 64, it hit everyone in front of you...bwa ha ha.

I also want to know how I can be 2nd or 3rd and watch and in almost 3 laps...the first person doesn't get hit by ANY blue shells.

I become 1st and within half a lap, I have been hit like 3 times by blue shells. What the eff, do they save them up for me?!
            "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Micro Machines does that to some extent; you can be lapping people, and they'll catch up almost instantly when you fall into a toilet or slam into something. O_o
              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
                Oh yes, the fucking blue shells...and at least on the DS, I want to know...HOW are they supposed to move you up? They only hit the first person! There's still x number of people in front of you. At least on the 64, it hit everyone in front of you...bwa ha ha.

I also want to know how I can be 2nd or 3rd and watch and in almost 3 laps...the first person doesn't get hit by ANY blue shells.

I become 1st and within half a lap, I have been hit like 3 times by blue shells. What the eff, do they save them up for me?!
                Yes, yes they do.

Comment

That is evil.

I noticed that, too, though--that if the kart ahead of me has a red shell, which would make more sense to fire ahead of them--almost always fired at me.

Comment

Working...
                  X