No announcement yet.

Political Correctness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll agree that some people take political correctness over the deep end. It does get annoying to have to learn new terminology all the time because the old has been deemed offensive for whatever reason. And yes, the smugness of the people who take PCism off the deep end is pretty hard to beat, too.

However, some people use PCism as an excuse to be jackasses. I'm not saying anyone in this thread is like this, but normally, when someone says "I'm definitely NOT politically correct" (or something to that effect), that person just likes to be a jerk and likes to accuse others of being PC if they take offense to what he or she says.

I also don't think it's being politically correct to ask that blanket statements or stereotypes not be forced on all members of a certain group. It may be true that most people in prison are black, but I think we can safely say that most black people are not criminals. I'll admit to being a little thin-skinned about this one, because I for one really hate being stereotyped. Because of that, I try hard not to do it to other people.

Comment

Working...
    X