No announcement yet.

bad weather-blizzards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've missed the snow/blizzard thankfully (this time). Just have a sheet of ice on everything. We've had snow, but it's been spaced out enough that it hasn't really gotten too piled up.

Comment

Fiance made it to work. The side streets are still snowpacked, but the wind actually helped move some of the 10-12" we got off the roads and into huge drifts. The biggest problem right now is the cold...only 4 degrees right now. But there's a sunny, clear sky, so I'm going to go out and clean my car off before I go bonkers in this apartment.

Comment

Here in Central Ohio, we got hit with a big storm, the same one that hit Wisconsin, I believe. It hit us in two waves, and both times, it gave us ice. We had an ice storm the night before last, and then we had another one last night. Thousands of people throughout the region are without power. We lost our power at around 7:00 last night, and it didn't come back on until 12:30 pm today. I was glad. The house was getting pretty da gone cold.

I went to work yesterday, but didn't stay long. The director told me I could leave if I wanted. I took today off. I'll be going back tomorrow.

We're supposed to get some more snow this weekend, but they aren't saying how much yet.

Comment

SNOWMAGGEDON!

Okay, not so much.

We got less than a foot, and they had been calling for twice that. The annoying part was that they had called for it overnight last night. The city woke up this morning, realized it wasn't too bad, and we all drove to work. Then all the snow hits this afternoon, and the commute home was hell.

My husband wouldn't have bothered driving into the office today if he'd known how dangerous the drive home was going to be.

Comment

We had some freezing rain, but aside from that, we got off easy. Only about a foot of snow (not even) and this is counting a few inches that was already on the ground from a previous snow. Still a pretty big snow, but didn't live up to the hype (fortunately).

At least my School was smart enough to cancel for a day.

Comment

Fuckin snow again!

Just when we finally get warm weather and the snow is almost all gone, god damn cold front moves in and we get almost a foot of snow. I think this is even worse than the blizzard they were hyping up because the roads are the worst I've ever seen. I heard the freeway was all snowed up (yet people were still on it) and just going to the store that's within walking distance from my house was a nightmare.

I used to like snow when I was a kid, but now? It's just a pain. I hate the cold weather, I hate the ice, I hate scraping snow off my car, and worst of all, I. Hate. Driving. In. The. Snow.

Winter sucks.

Comment

*knock on wood* I think we may be finished for the year. At least, I hope we are, because that last storm we had was a doozy (by our standards). Even with this latest cold front, we've got highs in the 40's. There's still a chance of ice storms, especially in March, and then tornado season kicks into high gear, but at least there's no more snow....right?

Comment

Don't even get me started. Just don't.

Comment

We had 60 F degree weather last week. Then it was in the high 40s, and when I got up this morning...everything was white. Not just snow, but ice, more snow, and then ice under that. All of that meant that my borough didn't even bother clearing the roads. School were closed, and they half-assed clearing the streets. One pass down the middle, with the blade not even down was deemed enough Even though it's melting now, I have a feeling that it's going to be a fun drive home tonight...especially if that shit freezes again

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                      But it's such fun getting you in a lather about the weather!

Comment

Originally posted by Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        you must have not seem some of my snow/winter rants then Irv.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

*snerk* true enough.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Careful, Irv, or she'll give you the cold shoulder.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If you'd like, I can call in a few favors and a few dumptrucks full of snow could make their way right to your front yard

Speaking of that....one of the local places where snow gets taken and stored out of the way.....holy faaacking hell.......I swear to God it's like several giant hills of snow.

Comment

Speaking of that....one of the local places where snow gets taken and stored out of the way.....holy faaacking hell.......I swear to God it's like several giant hills of snow.
                                They get so much snow in Winnipeg (and the summers are so short) that their snow mounds never melt away completely.

The snow mountain is still a small hill in the middle of August. It's insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X