Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdminAssistant
    replied
    We're predicted to get 10-13". One of my friends keeps posting annoying statuses about being excited and going sledding and I swear I'm going to end up bitch-slapping her. It would be one thing if they would cancel class (they won't, short of a tornado going down the middle of campus), or if Fiance didn't have to make a 45 mile drive in it to get to work. Fiance who just moved up here from the South and probably hasn't seen 10" of snow total in his *life*. I just want this week to be over...hell, I just want it to be April.

Leave a comment:

• Greenday
    replied
    Every day when I see the weather for back home in Jersey, I giggle a little on the inside. It seems nearly every single day, they have been getting snow for the past month.

Sunny 60 degrees here in Afghanistan.

Leave a comment:

• ExRetailDrone
    replied
    Bleh, this winter has been horrible for a lot of places. Katt, I hope that your area doesn't get nearly as much snow as they're predicting. And if so, I hope that your workplace understands. It is Wisconsin, after all. It snows there. Every year

I've been lucky this year where I've been living. I live in Michigan, and I'm used to seeing many, many feet of snow throughout the winter. But where my husband and I moved to for his job last year has surprisingly and abnormally not seen a whole lot of snow this year. But we've been getting horrendously low temperatures instead. The water pipes in our apartment froze once already this winter (the fact that our landlord is an idiot doesn't help... our apartment is apparently the first one of his properties to have problems like this every year, and yet there is no insulation around the water pipes in the basement... but that's a separate rant altogether), and the temperatures have consistently been below zero when the wind chill is included. Too bad there can't be some happy medium, but I guess that was all used up in my area last winter

Leave a comment:

• Irving Patrick Freleigh
    replied
    Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
    hunker down Blas and Irv it's hitting the lake areas hard....
    My area probably isn't going to get it as hard.

The forecasts seem to indicate about 10 inches over three days here, which is enough but not the 18-24 inches being forecast to the south.

Then again I'm on the lake so that can add to the totals.

It's not snowing here yet and there's no weather warnings.

Leave a comment:

• HYHYBT
    replied
    You know, provided the heat stays on and I know in time to go to the store first, I wouldn't mind that happening here... just ONCE, mind you, and followed by continuous above-freezing weather for several days After all, a few inches shut us down for a week!

Leave a comment:

• BlaqueKatt
    started a topic bad weather-blizzards

bad weather-blizzards

no I'm not talking a little rain or snow here. I'm talking-

Originally posted by the national weather service
    THREE DIFFERENT WEATHER FEATURES WILL COMBINE TO BRING EXTREME SNOW TOTALS TO SOUTHERN WISCONSIN.

STORM TOTALS FROM BOTH SYSTEMS COULD BE IN THE 18 TO 24 INCH RANGE IN FAR SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN. SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE. THIS STORM IS SIMILAR TO THE EARLY JANUARY 1999 BLIZZARD... WHICH PRODUCED 14 TO 18 INCHES OF SNOW IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN WITH 4 TO 8 FOOT DRIFTS EAST OF A LINE FROM FOND DU LAC TO JANESVILLE.

NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS COULD BE A HISTORIC BLIZZARD CAPABLE OF PARALYZING PARTS OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN.
    and it's moving on towards the east coast after dumping on us. And this is supposed to be my first full week at my new job. No way am I even going to try biking in that-45mph winds, um hell no, no job is worth that. If I get fired for it, it's not a place I'd want to work-I guess we'll see.....fsck...I hate this state....hunker down Blas and Irv it's hitting the lake areas hard....
Working...
X