No announcement yet.

So Effing Cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today it felt positively tropical to me. Even though it did snow.

I got to see some moron in a piece-of-shit old Lumina go straight into a snowbank trying to make a turn today.

The cold doesn't get to me as much as it did to others here. I'm a naturally warm person--I usually can't wear hoodies because then I get too hot and have to take them off. Although sometimes my feet get cold.

Ah well, spring's only a little more than a month away.

Comment

Originally posted by Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Today it felt positively tropical to me. Even though it did snow.

I got to see some moron in a piece-of-shit old Lumina go straight into a snowbank trying to make a turn today.

The cold doesn't get to me as much as it did to others here. I'm a naturally warm person--I usually can't wear hoodies because then I get too hot and have to take them off. Although sometimes my feet get cold.

Ah well, spring's only a little more than a month away.
      yup it was WARM (ok is was only 32 degrees tonight a rise of 50 degrees since Thrusday) but compared to Thursday night at -17 degrees (without the windchill) it was shorts and tee-shirt weather.

tonight I actually had to turn my car heater OFF and roll the window down half way while making deliveries because I was starting to sweat.
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
        yup it was WARM (ok is was only 32 degrees tonight a rise of 50 degrees since Thrusday) but compared to Thursday night at -17 degrees (without the windchill) it was shorts and tee-shirt weather.

tonight I actually had to turn my car heater OFF and roll the window down half way while making deliveries because I was starting to sweat.
        It was about 35F today here, and it felt like a farking heat wave. It was glorious! I didn't even care that there was no sun to go along with it, just a cloudy sky - it was so nice to not have my fingers start throbbing after spending a couple minutes outside, even with gloves on. And it's supposed to stay in the mid-30s for the rest of the week! I hope that's true, I want this ice and snow on the roads to melt away.

I had to turn my defroster down today, too, because my car didn't need 15 minutes to warm up and I was beginning to sweat.

C'mon spring!

Comment

We had a really nice day today, too. It got close to fifty degrees, and it was sunny. Plus, it was really windy. It felt like a nice spring day. And from what the weatherman is saying right now, it's supposed to be in the forties and fifties throughout the week.

So far in my life, I've been a naturally warm person. I usually want the thermostat set lower than most other people do, and if the temp is fifty degrees or warmer I usually don't need a coat unless I'm going to be outside for a prolonged period of time. However, during these past two winters, I've found myself getting cold more easily, and it has been harder for me to take the cold than it has been in the past. It may be because I have lost weight over the past couple of years. In the past, I didn't mind bitter cold winter weather, but back then, I had about 30-40 pounds of "insulation" that I don't have now.

Comment

Enjoy it while it lasts.

The smug fucking bastard is predicting winter will make an angry comeback Friday.

Oh, of course, Friday. The one day of the week EVERY week it's GUARANTEED to snow. Not a SINGLE SNOW FREE FRIDAY ALL FUCKING WINTER.

Comment

Working...
            X