You're saying it wrong!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^That reminds me a bit of French class.

I took 2 years of French in high school, and well, my French teacher loved me. I just...picked it up. And I don't know that I was brilliant in it or anything, but I picked it up a helluva lot better than the rest of my class [not to say that they were idiots or anything!], and in fact, did better on a test than the German foreign exchange boy who had taken it for years. [/smug]

Took it in college to fulfill my language requirement...first year's worth was easy, as it was basically a rehash of high school. Some rough spots with grammar, but that was it.

Then came 201...I ended up, by the end, being in the class with only ONE other person. Everyone else dropped.

My French prof ended up "persuading" me that I didn't need 202. That I could skip directly to 301.

WRONG. I was so lost in that class. Because of the grammar I'd never gotten a chance to learn. She'd told more than just me that they could skip 202 by the way. So at least half the class had missed the pre-req.

And then she expected us to read long texts in French. Advanced texts. That, I'm sorry, but most of us could not do it very well. She also ended up calling the whole class [when I was not there, thankfully] idiots who couldn't learn or something like that.

Yeah. Great class.
    "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Working...
    X