Shows that turn to crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shows that turn to crap

Some of my favorite shows have been turning to crap lately. I still watch them because even if they're not as good, I'm still attached to the characters, but seriously people...don't we know when its time to end a show?

Example: I would have loved it if Burn Notice ended after season 2 and just left it there. Let us think he got the bad guys off his back and then just swam off into the sunset. The next 2 seasons started turning to crap. Characters went in directions I didn't like, stories got more convoluted and less effectual and I was just.....disappointed.

Who else has shows they used to love but are watching them go down the tubes?

Heroes.

Season 1 was pure awesome. Season 2 seemed to be like they hadn't every thought there'd be another season so hadn't made any plans until it was time to start shooting.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

house-once they put Cuddy and house together in a relationship I quit watching.
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        Heroes.

Season 1 was pure awesome. Season 2 seemed to be like they hadn't every thought there'd be another season so hadn't made any plans until it was time to start shooting.

^-.-^
        Don't get me started on Heroes. The show broke the reset button pushing it so many times. Bad guys would become good guys, good guys would become bad guys (then back to good guys), superpowered teenaged daughters would go from loving to hating her father about 5 times a season (you know who I'm talking about), and every time the show would introduce an interesting story, it would just end or be retconned. It got to the point where it wasn't even enjoyable to watch because the plot was such a mess. I didn't even watch the last season, but from what I heard, it was pretty bad.

I think the reset button is a series worst enemy. With the reset button, any twist or development will mean nothing by the next episode. The only time when it's good to use is when it's been proven that the show doesn't work in the new direction it's been going. But the way I've seen it used, the new direction isn't even given a chance. It's just used to make bait and switch plots.

Comment

I disagree with you on burn notice, but to each their own.

However I'll put forth 3 shows: charmed, andromeda, sliders

god, each of these shows hit a point where they just spiraled.

Comment

Lost went to crap in the last three seasons. They catered to the superfans who spent hours and hours posting theories on the internet, because you'd see the fan theory talked to death for a few weeks and then it would pop up on the show for real. I also got annoyed with having Kate's tired story pushed in my face every few episodes. Finished watching the series anyways, but I don't know why. Probably solely for Michael Emerson's performance.
            A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

I love burn notice, don't fuck with Micheal Weston, unlike MacGuyver he will shoot your ass. Altough, I'm kind of wondering how the new season will turn out, good or bad. Sometimes it is sad to see a great show or one that shows great potential get taken out in its prime, like what originally happened to family guy. first 3 seasons kicked ass,

Used to love the simpsons but really it been 23 fucking years or there about because I forget which one of us is older.

SO I guess sometimes it is better to watch something get slashed before it hurts inevitable hurts itself.

Comment

Scrubs - It was the best tv show ever. I love it. But when it turned into stories about people getting knocked up and it became all serious and crap, it sucked. Scrubs is good because it was great comedy. And when it stopped being a comedy 24/7, it sucked. And then they tried the 10th season with a new cast and just a couple old cast members popping in and out...I'm glad it was cancelled. I never thought I'd say that but I am. The new cast was retarded. They should have let it go with the good ending it had.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                  I disagree with you on burn notice, but to each their own.

However I'll put forth 3 shows: charmed, andromeda, sliders

god, each of these shows hit a point where they just spiraled.
                  sliders was good on Fox for the first 2 seasons then it started to go downhill. (I guess because of network interferance). never saw thelast 2 seasons on SciFi

Andromeda was OK the first 2 or 3 seasons and the last season just did not make sense
                  I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                  The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

There's a reason for andromeda. their head writer had a big storyline planned and was putting pieces into place for it from the start. They told him to dumb it down and ending leaving the show and wiping his harddrive, so they had to continue on from there with what had already been done. This was in the middle of season two.

for sliders I liked maggie but honestly once the show got rid of John Rhys Davies it started to go downhill

as for charmed after season 4 it really felt like they didn't know what to do after they beat the ultimate evil multiple times and could make a potion to kill any demon in half an hour.

Comment

The OC went to shit after season 3 ended. They should have never, ever made a season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                        The OC went to shit after season 1 started3 ended. They should have never, ever made a season 4.
                        Sorry, I saw a few mistakes.

Comment

Hey, I actually really enjoyed that show when it was on.

I knew the risk of it when I posted that, but I'm not afraid to admit that I like what I like.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                            house-once they put Cuddy and house together in a relationship I quit watching.
                            Usually I hate when shows go "Mulder and Scully,"* but thought the writers handled this well...for a few episodes. The mail order bride, though...ugh.

Glad 13 is back, though I doubt I'll care if I miss any epsiodes from now on.

*Yes, they were never obvious hook-up in the Xfiles...but it became my friends and mine term for "hook-ups that should probably not happen"

Comment

So far the show that's held on the best, for me personally, is Supernatural. Watched that show pretty much from start to finish in a few weeks and just got caught up around halfway through season 6, and this is the first time i've really felt the show start slipping at all.

Fringe started annoying me after Walter started growing a conscience and trying to redeem himself or something. And then Peter and Olivia hooked up and that was the last thing I wanted to see. Kind of like house and cuddy. i prefer the relationship to be non-sexual for a change.

Lost started to get annoying after season 3 or so, but I still loved the actors. I got annoyed that it seemed like season 5 seemed to be pointless at the end of it, but i wasn't as displeased with the finale as the masses were. Maybe I just lowered my expectations. But I don't regret watching Lost. It wasn't like everything just got flushed down the tubes for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X