No announcement yet.

Shows that turn to crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I basically stopped watching Charmed after they killed off Shannen Doherty's character. Rose McGowan was never ever a satisfying replacement.

Smallville after Michael Rosenbaum as Lex left.

Bones after they put Zack into the loony bin and they have the constant parade of squinterns. I keep watching so it doesn't get cancelled and then they can bring Zack back ... PERMANENTLY.

CSI after William Petersen left, but I do find the other characters amusing, and I love Laurence Fishbourne as Langston!

Cold Case fizzled before it was cancelled.

Criminal Minds now that Prentiss has left.

Ummm ... Can't think of anything else.

Dr. Farhook is correct about Supernatural. It is a completely awesome show and everyone needs to watch it.
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Yes. Many shows have what I consider sub-par acting a lot of times, in that I have a hard time believing what the actor is trying to convey. I don't believe it when two characters act like they love each other, or someone tries to act angry or guilty or ashamed. I've rarely, extremely rarely ever had that with Supernatural.

Comment

Supernatural somehow manages to get better, not worse. They've smacked down teh ultimate evil...which normally means it goes to bleh..but the show still rocks..though they have retconned a few times. (Sam's power to destroy demons with a thought/etc)

I've noticed it with just about all other shows though..after a bit..there is just not much left to do. So they start the love interests, etc..and it gets kind of boring.

Some they needed to leave alone 'romantically' especially are as follows.

Human Target. (Think it's not getting renewed anyhow)
        Leverage
        Chuck (sorry the Sarah/Chuck thing while epic..just no)
        NCIS
        (of course there are others mind..just can't think of them off the top of my head)

Some I seem to keep missing...
        Eureka (The time retcon SUCKS though)
        Warehouse 13

Comment

I was disappointed when Lex left Smallville, but the show managed to get better and better. That could be the geek in me recognizing things from the comic book universe though. I am sad it's ending, but really, where else could they go with the show? At least it's ending and not cancelled.

Buffy I thought was excellent all the way through, I know there are quite a few people that dislike season 7, but I thought it was one of the best. Besides which the show really couldn't have ended with season 6, the season 7 ending was perfect, and the season 8 comics are pretty good as well!

Comment

smallville got better when they finally got rid of lana

Comment

I watched a little bit of Fringe when it first came out, then sort of followed up by listening to it from the bathroom while I'd get ready for work, but I noticed it just got so weird, I couldn't handle it or follow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
                I've noticed it with just about all other shows though..after a bit..there is just not much left to do. So they start the love interests, etc..and it gets kind of boring.
                Yeah, that has been my issue with quite a few shows. Like, I can accept the Chuck/Sarah stuff on Chuck. Personally, I think it kind of works (though they really dragged out the will they won't they crap didn't they). Human Target on the other hand did not need the romance at all and I think they may have shot themselves in the foot with the plot. I actually liked most of the second season, and kept an open mind, despite my feelings on the romance, but by the end, I just couldn't defend the use of the two female leads. The romance between Chance and Ilsa just felt so contrived, and so cheesy, and so out of place that I felt that the writters were purposely trying to make us hate it. (same goes with Ames, I wanted to like her so bad, but they made her so annoying that by the end I wanted her killed off).

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                  Hey, I actually really enjoyed that show when it was on.

I knew the risk of it when I posted that, but I'm not afraid to admit that I like what I like.
                  Not to worry, Blas. I liked the OC the first couple of seasons too. You and I can share the 'we like mindless entertainment' couch.

More room for us here!

Comment

I liked OC the first season and then the second season...yea just lost it for me.

Used to love Eureka but now it's...no...just no. I can't get through a episode without thinking that they were destroyed because of one stupid genious.

Supernatural was good the first two seasons to me and then like OC it just went blah.

NCIS is however still good to me but thats just because I like watching for the Gibb's slap. :P

Never got into LOST, I kept thinking of books I could read that had better start points.

TrueBlood? I've tried to watch that....but I read the books...couldn't watch the show after the first episode.

Comment

Still have never seen Supernatural. Don't even know what channel it's on.

Although Jensen Ackles is more than a hottie. I loved him on Days of our Lives when I was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                        Still have never seen Supernatural. Don't even know what channel it's on.

Although Jensen Ackles is more than a hottie. I loved him on Days of our Lives when I was younger.
                        I catch it on Scifi....oh excuse me SyFy *mutters about the stupid y's*

Comment

There are also reruns of it on TNT, I think.

Comment

This may be a tad off topic, but for the most part, I think spinoffs are pretty useless and almost ruin what was once so great about the shows the people orginally were from, along the same lines of shows that are ruined when main characters die or leave (on the show, that is).

Comment

This may be a tad off topic, but for the most part, I think spinoffs are pretty useless and almost ruin what was once so great about the shows the people orginally were from, along the same lines of shows that are ruined when main characters die or leave (on the show, that is).
                              I think the only spinoff I've seen that was actually as good as the original show was Angel.

Comment

Regarding spinoffs, I must point out that NCIS is a non-sucky spinoff of JAG (although to be fair I never watched JAG so AFAIK JAG could be infinitely more awesome). And yes, that does make NCIS: LA a spinoff of a spinoff.

Comment

Working...
                                X