No announcement yet.

My old high school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the 5 year reunion of the first high school I went to (even though I didn't graduate from there, I did grow up around here and was invited), there was no way in hell I was going to the party for my second high school. I can't believe I was even invited, as I threatened to kick the class president's ass if she ever called me a slut again and she was alone and unprotected by her popular and jock friends. LoLs. Not to mention, on the FB page for the reunion, there was a 3 page argument over what kind of beer to have at the reunion. Yeah, good priorities you dumb redneck kids.

No one really talked to me, everyone stuck with their old friends. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. I don't know if I'll do 10 or 15 or 20.

Comment

I went to my 10th, and the few people I knew were ones I'd gone to grade school with. None of my friends from the high school theater club were there; all the other people were ones I had little to no contact with in school (large city HS, over 800 in the graduating class) or the ones who'd been jerks (who, of course, were just oh so friendly now ).

Considering how much these things cost, I'm going to skip future reunions. I'll send in the "where are they now" e-mail/letter stating where I am and what I'm doing, etc., but I can't afford airfare, hotel, new dress, etc. to go to a party where I know almost nobody.
      People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
      If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

If you really wanted to know these people, you'd find them.

I've considered going to my high school reunions, but I don't really care about any of the people I'm not still in touch with. With Facebook, Reunion.com, LinkedIn, etc, there's no reason to not have found the people you have interest in finding.

Although, if you want to have a party and hang out with people who you might not often be in the same geographical area, there is that.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Honestly, I'd rather have a college reunion. THAT would be drama-free fun.

Comment

I had my HS graduation a few weeks ago, and it was such a relief to get over with. High School was terrible, and I'm so glad that I'll never have to see those rednecks again.

The worst bit was that on my way out, while I was walking with my family, some one called me a f****t. In front of my family. Ugh.

Comment

Yeah, I got called a "slut" and a "whore" and "Barbie bitch" at graduation as well. No different than any other day at school.

If that wasn't bad enough, both principals made everyone undo the buttons on their gowns to prove that they had clothing on underneath. Seriously?

Oh, and the best part of all is that that stupid UGLY RED cap and gown (if I could have just stayed in my hometown, I could have worn blue and gold) was really, really expensive. I don't know how my parents afforded it. What a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelKatz View Post
                Sites like these provide a place to vent our frustrations. I'm thankful for that.
                They really do. I wish they'd been around when I was in school.

Comment

Working...
                X