No announcement yet.

"Real women have curves"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-the-rack stuff is made for people with hourglass figures - hips and chest are about equivalent, with a waist size about 75% smaller.

I have never met anyone shaped like that. Or if they are, they have BK's problem; some other part of their body is slightly larger or smaller.

I found a cute blouse today that fit perfectly, but the fitted sleeves were too small for my biceps.

I wish we could all afford personal tailors.

Comment

yeah, the way I'm built, I have issues with pants gapping. I have a huge butt and hips. So, anything that fits across my hips and butt gap horribly at the waist.

Off the rack stuff. Hates it. Really really hard to find flattering stuff, and when you do, it's at specialty stores where you pay for the privilege of buying the label and clothes that fit, but quality is questionable.

Bitter? Me??

Neeeeeevvveeeerrrrr

Comment

I have the hourglass figure. Way too much sand, but still.

I also have monster calves and cankles, which I've had since I was a skinny little twig at age 6. Add in a wide back and no shoulders to speak of plus a very short waist, but long torso, and nothing fits right.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          It's the same as poor people saying "Money can't buy happiness" or some such. They are people who don't like their situation and come up with a way of convincing themselves that their situation is better.
          Maybe, but it sure as hell can buy you a better grade of misery.

Comment

I have an hourglass figure...my waist is about a size 6 while my hips are about a 9. I hate pants because anything that fits my hips falls off my waist so I have to wear tight belts to keep from sagging.

And I always figured real women have vaginas. That's my only criteria, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
              And I always figured real women have vaginas. That's my only criteria, anyway.
              Not always, though.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
                I'll gladly give up my big butt.

It was big before it was stylish to have a big one, but I still hate it.
                Why do I have that Sir Mix-A-Lot song in my head now???

I like big butts and I cannot lie.........
                If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

What generally defines a woman falls between two things... Her legs.
                  I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                  Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

My pet hate is bra buying; why is it that all shops seem to stock every single size except for my size, 40E?!
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Anyone who tells me that I have an "ideal" body shape, I want to pound with a smelly fish.

With skinny jeans being all the rage these days, girls shaped like me look like fat legged freaks in those things. With the boyfriend cut style (also hot these days), we look like we shit our pants and have chubby legs.

It's SO HARD to find jeans that fit right for a curvy body shape. I HATE HAVING HIPS AND A GIANT KIM KARDASHIAN ASS!

Comment

Damn, where is the "This thread is useless without pics" icon when I need it

Just kidding.

In all seriousness, A real woman is someone who is compassionate, courageous, caring and sincere. At least as a man that is what I look for. The other physical "charms" are just a bonus.

Comment

Real women always have curves. Unless they only have angles. In which case they're probably robots. Or Bizarros.

That said, I agree with the sentiment that you can be beautiful however you look. You don't need to have a specific body shape to be a 'real' woman. People should be proud of who they are, however they look. But nobody should think their body shape makes them better than anyone else.
                          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                            What generally defines a woman falls between two things... Her legs.
                            So.. her motorcycle?
                            "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

And here, silly me, I thought this thread was about somebody not liking the movie Real Women Have Curves starring America Ferrera (Ugly Betty)!
                              "You guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"
                              --Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

I have a lot of the same issues Katt has with my lower body because of hours and hours on the treadmill and elliptical. Not to mention I started lifting weights more than cardio, which has been actually bringing my hip and thigh size down, but I still have that bulk muscle in my thighs and legs that make it damn near impossible to wear any kind of jeans I own. I only have at the moment 3 pairs of jeans that fit, and two pairs I can wear if I take water pills and don't eat a lot for an entire work week.

My boobs are so large and my stomach (while I do have a few pounds of excess weight in there, so many years of ab workouts have kept it tight underneath and it still goes slightly inward instead of out) is so weirdly shaped that I look pregnant or larger than I am in those cutsie in-style looser fitting shirts. I've been wearing them anyway because I've gotten so self conscious about no longer having a perfect, totally flat tummy.

I'm sure I look really awkward walking around with my hand tucked by my hip to hold my shirt inward so I don't look pregnant from the side view.

Comment

Working...
                                X