No announcement yet.

People Who Post About How Drunk They Are On Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get annoyed moreso with the hungover statuses than the drunk ones. At least you get a chance to make fun of someone when they are drunk and posting spelling/grammar errors. The next day, it's whine whine whine.

My former coworker DV posted about being hungover constantly. It was almost as annoying as his whining about being harrassed by bill collectors.

Comment

Fortunately I don't see a lot of "I'm drunk/hungover" updates. I do see a lot of chain email-type-guilt-trip updates. Something obnoxious like "post this as your status if you think people shouldn't drown babies" (made up example). It's always phrased as if somehow NOT posting means I'm a horrible person. Let me be horrible based on my actions, not a FB post please.

Comment

I almost never repost those messages, because I seriously doubt that having x number of people repost some chain message on their Facebook status is really going to solve whatever problem is being presented.

Comment

I hate those chain letter messages, especially when it's a copy/paste of a very easily identifiable urban legend - like the one I've seen recently about Facebook beginning to charge starting next year or some such bull. That one went around years ago, and it's just as true now as it was then

Whenever I see a wall of status text and identify a re-post within the first few words, I skip over it completely. Not worth even the few seconds it takes to read it

Comment

I like answering those "chain letter" messages with links to Snopes... If you phrase it the right way, the poster will thank you for setting the record straight. If you don't, they'll more likely jump all over you for pointing out that they were too freaking lazy to actually figure out if what they were posting was a lie or not.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              I like answering those "chain letter" messages with links to Snopes... If you phrase it the right way, the poster will thank you for setting the record straight. If you don't, they'll more likely jump all over you for pointing out that they were too freaking lazy to actually figure out if what they were posting was a lie or not.

^-.-^
              I've done that a few times recently, and all the times led to the poster saying absolutely nothing and the status just dies

Comment

Originally posted by lobo94 View Post
                Dumb. All I can say.
                I agree completely.

And if I saw anything like that, I'd unfriend them in a heatrbeat for the simple reason that I feel that their posting stupid crap like that is an insult to my sensibilities.

I don't care to be judged by who I associate with on FB or anywhere else . . .don't like it either but that's the way it is
                If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Working...
                X