Airing dirty laundry/being disrespectful on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airing dirty laundry/being disrespectful on Facebook

This guy I know had a falling out with his girlfriend. She was convinced he was cheating on him, but he wasn't (I've known this guy a long time and I believe him). I never liked the girl anyway, but this is what she posted to HIS Facebook wall the day after they broke up:

"I hope you have fun with that stupid bitch skank of yours, you ain't never gonna get any of this again! I hope you gets aids and die you cheating asshole. If I ever come across you on the street I'ma beat you down right in front of that no good dirty ho you with now."

His wall can of course be seen by his friends, his parents, people he works with and such.

Another incident fresh in my memory involves two other facebook friends of mine. They ran a business together, I'm not sure of the details but the business failed.

On FB they had a VERY public back and forth basically blaming each other for the failure, accusing each other of crimes (fraud, embezzlement, sexual assault, etc.) and calling each other all sorts of nasty names, even AFTER I and several other people posted and said they needed to take their disagreement somewhere more private.

My god, what if one of these guys was trying to find a job and a prospective employer saw that exchange?

Some people just flat lose their common sense when they hit FB (or Twitter for that matter).

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
    My god, what if one of these guys was trying to find a job and a prospective employer saw that exchange?
    Or even worse, the police. Threatening people on facebook does not sound like a smart idea.

Comment

It would seem to me that if you were to have a falling out with someone (and that looks particularly bad), it would be prudent to defriend them. Or, at the very least, restrict what they can do as regards your own wall.

Also, you can always delete what's on your wall. I do it every so often to remove the flood of game/app-related spam that builds up over time.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have two nieces that have fights on each other's walls sometimes....they're sisters. And now they have had a huge falling out and have de friended each other.

Sigh.

There have been times I've had to delete comments from my wall cause it just wasn't something I wanted seen by anyone else.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I posted last month about after breaking up with my ex, and while he didn't air details or go into detail, he made rude comments on pictures of us that I accidentally forgot to delete or pictures I had of him on there, and then he quoted Marilyn Monroe on his status one day, and I know it was just to get attention.

Comment

Somethings are better left unsaid and that should apply to Facebook, Twitter and anything with social networking. I just don't get why people would want to show their asses and air their dirty laundry to the public.
            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by tropicsgoddess View Post
              I just don't get why people would want to show their asses and air their dirty laundry to the public.
              Because they want to get an audience / jury in on to agree with them that they're the one whose right and/or the victim and prove to the other person that they were wrong.

Comment

...and that's exactly why I'm not friends with "She-who-must-not-be-named" on Facebook or Livejournal. Things didn't end well between us, and I'm not about to deal with her shit.

Comment

GK nailed it right on the head. Usually people who aren't as mature as others tend to be the ones who start those really nasty statuses and hope to get the attention of everyone they know to take their side.

I deleted my ex not too long after he made that rude quote (it was taken out of context, which a lot of people do with the Marilyn quote), and it took the dumbass three or more weeks to realize I'd deleted him. He then wrote a nasty message to one of my best friends, "WHY DID SHE DELETE ME!?" and she wrote back that she was staying out of it, but asked him to consider what he had been posting since he broke up, and couldn't he realize why someone would get irritated about it?

Comment

I have some cousins (4 sisters, 1 brother, a SIL and a soon to be ex BIL) who are always fighting back and forth on Facebook.

It actually provides a lot of entertainment for my sister and me.
                    I hope they never stop.
                    Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

I know what you mean, Ree.

I especially love when my little brother's friends and my brother's gf get into it and it goes on for pages and pages. Good after work entertainment

Comment

Facebook drama: We know we should look away and find something else to read, but it's like a big trainwreck, you just can't! This happened a few months ago when one of my younger friends posted "He asked. I said yes", and it was followed an hour or so later by her mother, also my friend, commenting with "I am not happy. Not happy at all. I couldn't figure out why I was getting calls and text messages saying 'congratulations!' until I came on here, this is how your father and I find out? THROUGH FB AND TEXT MESSAGES!? Very hurt." It went on and on. I don't think what she did was too tasteful, but neither was her daughter hopping right on FB instead of telling those closest to her in person first.
                        A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

even when you can delete what gets posted, I wish you had to APPROVE before it ever showed up, much nicer if your looking for a job. and someone posted something stupid while your not at your computer but 5min later am employer decides to look you up. Which I have heard technically violates some things but no really? so I'm not sure, as they can always LIE about your qualifications not matching rather than finding out your a gay crossdresser on weekends and holidays which was the REAL reason. I understand for certain jobs like teachers and police but at the same time why can't they have a level of hummanity. My one friend has his FB locked down, They demanded him to login and walk out of the room while a detective browsed around for anything suspicious. They deemed him intolerant because he posted "Justin Bieber is SO GAY why do people love that moron?!!" Yet without direct access they never would have found that

I have a set of friends who used to live together, after a list was made by the homeowner the friend who had been living on cheap ass rent moved out. and out came the dirty laundry.

Comment

If you're looking for a job, then you should absolutely disallow other people posting to your wall. Especially if you have the type of people on your friends list who would post stupid shit.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                              If you're looking for a job, then you should absolutely disallow other people posting to your wall. Especially if you have the type of people on your friends list who would post stupid shit.

^-.-^
                              If you're looking for a job, or hell, even in general unless you use it as a business thing your FB page should be unacessable to the public.
                              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X