No announcement yet.

"Plus size? What's that?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, I happened to be tuned into the Today show on NBC, when Kathy Lee Gifford and her co-host did a fashion segment for women, about fashionable pants that look good for "any" body type!

I IMMEDIATELY made the prediction that regardless of what body type they were representing, every model in the piece would be impossibly skinny compared to the average American woman these days. And of course I was right.
    "You guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"
    --Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

Believe it or not, a awesome place for bras for those of us whose cups runneth over is Fredericks of Hollywood. I think they go up to either a 42 or 44F and their stuff is hot! And omg so comfy. I went there last Black Friday because they were running a great sale and walked out with 2 bras and a few other odds and ends for around $50.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
        I IMMEDIATELY made the prediction that regardless of what body type they were representing, every model in the piece would be impossibly skinny compared to the average American woman these days. And of course I was right.
        It seems that even in ads for plus-sized clothes, they use models that really aren't all that plus-sized, but with slightly more meat on their bones than their idea of a "normal woman."

Comment

Most ads that are for plus sized clothing use the same exact images for the non plus sized lines. It's really irritating. I don't care how that cute little top looks on a girl who wears a size 2. I want to know how it hangs on someone that's size 18.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I noticed that the girls in the pictures at Lane Bryant are just taller than most average women....not exactly large figured or anything. Maybe statuesque, certainly not fat.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
              It seems that even in ads for plus-sized clothes, they use models that really aren't all that plus-sized, but with slightly more meat on their bones than their idea of a "normal woman."
              In other words, a woman that, medically speaking, is either the correct weight for her height and age, or at most less than 30 lbs overweight.
              "You guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"
              --Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

That's why I like the local Fashion Bug. I've modeled in-store for them before. I'm 5'3", and very "round". (Okay, I'm approximately 280 pounds - so I'm I'm basically as big as I am tall ... If I were shorter, I'd be a D&D dwarf. )

Jack T. Chance has seen me in person, he can attest I'm short and round (Peppergirl has met me too).

Seeing a short, round person modeling the clothing for Fashion Bug can give people the opportunity to see what the clothes look like on a "real BBW". I was happy to do my duty. Maybe the local Lane Bryants/Catherines/other like-minded shops could do the same thing?
                Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Working...
                X