Bigots who cry persecution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
    Lately I've seen several claims that the First Amendment protection of freedom of religion only applies to Christians. Presumably "Christian" as defined by those making such a claim.
    That... I mean... how... seriously????
    "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
    "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

When people get told that they're going to heaven and others who don't believe the same are going to hell, they get some funny ideas. Chosen of god and all that.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
        When people get told that they're going to heaven and others who don't believe the same are going to hell, they get some funny ideas. Chosen of god and all that.

Rapscallion
        Bingo. After reading quotes on FSTDT, NOTHING SURPRISES ME ANYMORE.

Comment

even if it was an american board free speech only applies to public property and websites are private property.

Comment

Now I was not there..but I've heard from some people that were that interracial marriages were at one time in the same boat. Ie that they would ruin the sanctity of marriage..etc. Interracial marriages have been accepted for many years..and not much has changed with marriage. Interesting hmm?

Comment

Loving v. Virginia

Overturned laws that were in place in Virginia (and other states) that said White and Blacks could not marry people of other races. So yes, there were people who believed the sanctity of marriage would be diminished if Blacks & Whites could marry each other.
              Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Mytical: quite a lot has changed with marriage. Men and women are legally equal partners in the union; they weren't fifty years ago, and mores as you go back from there. It wasn't until the 70's, for instance, that it was legally possible for a man to rape his wife, because she did not have the right to refuse sex.

And aside from legalities, men and women are much more nearly equal (and interchangeable, except in very specific and limited circumstances) than in the past.

It's not really a *consequence* of interracial marriage, but it's certainly a change that has happened, or at least continued to happen, since. And it's one that many, though by no means all, of those opposed to "changing the definition of marriage" would very much like to roll back.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

My apologies, meant more of a "Marriage has not become an institution of satan" type of thing. Though some might disagree with that also

Comment

Working...
                  X