No announcement yet.

Men who take their shirts off for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could care less so long as it's not outside of the confines of their home (with the exception of beaches and parks).
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
      Does no one see the difference between someone wearing a shirt in a colour one doesn't like and not wearing a shirt at all? This isn't about fashionable clothes, or clothes that everyone will like. It's about having the common decency to wear clothes at all.
      honestly, no, i don't see any difference. no shirt=/=no clothes.

either way you're dictating to someone else what they should or should not be wearing, according to your own preferences. you've admitted he's doing nothing illegal, yet you still expect him to adhere to your standards of decency and morality. why is your opinion so much more valid that everyone else should set their standards of behavior by it? honestly, that seems more than a little egotistical, especially given that his not wearing a shirt affects you in no way whatsoever.

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
      Also this is a double standard. Women have to wear shirts or face public decency charges.
      maybe where you live, but not everywhere. where i live female toplessness is perfectly legal. i can't speak for boozy, as i don't know where exactly in canada she's located, but a quick google search tells me that it's legal for females to go topless in all of ontario, and it's likely there are other places on a jurisdiction by jurisdiction basis, just as in the u.s.

all that said, this point is entirely irrelevant to the conversation at hand, as we aren't talking about a topless woman, nor are we talking about double standards. unless of course that double standard is "you'd better not tell me how to look or dress, but it's perfectly fine for me to do that to you." although that may be more hypocrisy than double standard.

Comment

Originally posted by RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Now, as for guys doing the gratuitous shirt removal thing because they are trying to show off, they fail to realize three things:

1. Women are not like men.
        2. We all see right through their sad little attempt at exhibitionism.
        3. They don't look anywhere near as good as they think they do.
        I would beg to differ, here, on points 1 & 2. Women, in general, are just as capable as men, in general, of being stupid about the other sex. Some more, some less. And realizing the attempt and the intent behind it is no protection against it.

I'll concede point 3, though.
        "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
        "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by linguist View Post
          either way you're dictating to someone else what they should or should not be wearing, according to your own preferences. you've admitted he's doing nothing illegal, yet you still expect him to adhere to your standards of decency and morality. why is your opinion so much more valid that everyone else should set their standards of behavior by it? honestly, that seems more than a little egotistical, especially given that his not wearing a shirt affects you in no way whatsoever.
          I don't expect him to adhere to my standards of decency, and morality has nothing to do with it. He can go topless if he'd like. I just think less of him for it.

I can't put into words why, but his attitude was clearly not "I am too hot for a shirt" but rather, "I am too good-looking for a shirt". If he'd taken his shirt off halfway through mowing a lawn, I wouldn't have said anything.

Just to clarify, this isn't a backyard. We live in a townhouse complex. He is on common property, owned by all of us. It's still considered private property, and it's still partially his to use as he wants, but other people live here too.

Comment

1. Women are not like men.
            2. We all see right through their sad little attempt at exhibitionism.
            3. They don't look anywhere near as good as they think they do.

Understand that #3 has nothing to do with how good they do or don't look and everything to do with how they think they look.
            Meh, I know a couple of guys who are as good looking as they think they are.
            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
              I would beg to differ, here, on points 1 & 2. Women, in general, are just as capable as men, in general, of being stupid about the other sex. Some more, some less. And realizing the attempt and the intent behind it is no protection against it.

I'll concede point 3, though.
              I communicated that wrong. What I meant to say was that men are very visually motivated. A half naked female, to a male eye is going to generate a lot more notice and attention than a half naked male to a female eye.

That is not to say we don't like to look. We do. But we are simply not as visually stimulated as males are. A lot of men don't understand this, and think that all they have to do to guarantee that they'll get laid is show a little skin. It does not work like this.

Originally posted by Boozy View Post

I can't put into words why, but his attitude was clearly not "I am too hot for a shirt" but rather, "I am too good-looking for a shirt".
              It was more likely "I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts"

Seriously. Pretty sure that song was making fun of this very thing.
              Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 10-12-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I communicated that wrong. What I meant to say was that men are very visually motivated. A half naked female, to a male eye is going to generate a lot more notice and attention than a half naked male to a female eye.

That is not to say we don't like to look. We do. But we are simply not as visually stimulated as males are. A lot of men don't understand this, and think that all they have to do to guarantee that they'll get laid is show a little skin. It does not work like this.
                Ah, okay; following you now.

It is kinda unfair, if you think about it, though. We men have to work hard for the affections of a lady. All a woman has to do is stand somewhere, show a little cleavage and look at least somewhat available - boom, instant "male affections".

If someone ever found a way to remove the "horndog-gene" from men, our species would die out in two generations, tops.

HOW TO IMPRESS A WOMAN....

Wine her,
                Dine her,
                Call her,
                Hug her,
                Support her,
                Hold her,
                Surprise her,
                Compliment her,
                Smile at her,
                Listen to her,
                Laugh with her,
                Cry with her,
                Romance her,
                Encourage her,
                Believe in her,
                Pray with her,
                Pray for her,
                Cuddle with her,
                Shop with her,
                Give her jewelry,
                Buy her flowers,
                Hold her hand,
                Write love letters to her,
                Go to the end of the Earth and back again for her..........................

HOW TO IMPRESS A MAN...

Show up naked... Bring food...
                "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Not to exceed stereotype or anything, but if Fiance surprised me naked with food I'd be pretty damn impressed.

Comment

I'm not gonna fault a guy for wandering around shirtless on his own property, or even while he's somewhere exerting himself. I can understand the need for a little personal ventilation, what with being married to a fat man. It ain't attractive necessarily, but with the summer we had, I understand. And I don't have to look if I don't want to. But here's what I deal with at work, a bit more often than I'd care to.

We get men parking at our drop yard for rest, which is fine. But then they decide to sit in their, presumably air-conditioned, trucks. With the interior lights on. Curtains wide open. And shirtless. Take the stereotypical male trucker image, beer belly and manboobs, and imagine them shirtless.

Bonus points if they get out to ask me something, or if I have to knock on their doors to notify them about their load and they answer. I'm not gonna order them to put a shirt on, but in my head I'm thinking, "I really didn't need to see that."

Comment

HOW TO IMPRESS A MAN...

Oh man is that ever so true!!!
                      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

One of my closest friends is an approximately fifty year old dude with a pretty good sized keg replacing the six pack I'm sure he had in his youth. He is hairy and roundish and when we're outside in the heat working (which we all are a lot), he ain't wearing much. Shorts and a scarf on his head. That's pretty much it.

To be honest, I don't even notice anymore. Only thing I notice is if he's starting to get burned a little. Then I'll say "dude, go put on some sunscreen. Bring me some."

Maybe that's just how we are down here. Used to it.
                        Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 10-13-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

HOW TO IMPRESS A MAN...

...food optional.

---

Actually, there *are* times I will go out without a shirt on. Even in only underwear, though I'm always legal, just in case. Those times are approximately between 2 and 3 AM, if I realize I've left my phone in the car or forgot to put the hobo out, when nobody is going to be out there and even if they were it's pitch dark and they couldn't see anyway. And of course if you *are* in my driveway at 3 AM, then you've got a lot more explaining to do for being there at all than I do for being underdressed
                          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

So, why aren't I impressed?

Rapscallion
                            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                              So, why aren't I impressed?

Rapscallion
                              she brought bad food?
                              All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

HOW TO IMPRESS A MAN...

Show up naked... Bring food...[/I]
                                That'd work for me.
                                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
                                X