No announcement yet.

Remembrance Day talkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, we didnt have anyone demand to be rung through yesterday, but so many people were still wandering, shopping, holding their conversations and letting their younglings run wild >.< it was odd to see them moving around the stock-still members of staff or the few patrons that chose to join us.
    i was on till during it though, so noone would be getting served with me
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I and my collegues didn't ring thru anyone or authorise any pumps during the silence; we did get two clueless customers who drove in and tried to get fuel, but both took the nozzles out of their cars and put them back after we waved at them. We had the radio on to time it; there was a cannon salute at the start and finish.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

My work place had an announcement at 5 to 11 to say that the building will be observing 2 minutes silence at 11am. Then at 11, they had the PA system beep at us followed by an announcement saying 'it is now 11am.' They had another beep to tell us when the 2 minutes was up.

Apparently anyone on the phone was put on hold with the Last Post playing. Even visitors in the main lobby stopped talking.

Comment

Not Remembrance Day, but in high school I got to watch two students chatter and make racist jokes (I don't think they were racist, I think they were trying to be disrespectful to be "cool" - smokin' in the boys' room, so to speak) during a moment of silence in a Martin Luther King assembly. I did get a laugh in the end; knowing I was the sort for pranks and had talked about stink bombs, they (later in the same assembly) poked me and asked if I had any. I gave them vitamins I took which were comparable to vitamin E capsules, a gelcap full of thick liquid. They had no idea how to work them, so tried breaking them open and got the oily junk all over their fingers and clothes.

Comment

I'm sorry, but if someone is sitting there making racist "jokes" during a moment of silence in a MLK assembly, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with you that they are "not racist."

Comment

Our Remembrance Day observation at work yesterday was, as my coworker put it,"a bit of a gong show".

I don't know what happened, but apparently, the whole thing was quite beautiful and moving with an announcement by our manager, the silence, and the playing of the National Anthem, except that someone or something screwed up and it did not go out over the PA.

Only the people in the immediate area of the main speaker for the receiver that controls our satellite radio and PA system and the people in the office where the manager was making his announcement could hear it.

There was dead silence on the speakers everywhere else.

We couldn't figure out why there was no announcement, and when I went out on the floor, I could hear scanners beeping and printers running at the cash as customers continued to move around and shop as usual.

The time of day didn't occur to anyone without that main announcement.
              Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Working...
              X