LoL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aurelemsrealm View Post
    Unless I'm asking a question, I'm not really looking for a response. I'm just communicating a quick message.
    And for every one of you that's out there, there are about a dozen that will go all spastic if you don't respond.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ugh, seriously. Why would you waste a text message on "Lol?" when someone said they were going to Subway? they cost money, people!

Comment

Most people probably never even think about the money factor since a lot of them are growing up in a world where they never had limits on their texting.

Before I got my current phone (which requires an unlimited data plan, as it's a fancy smartphone), I turned texting off specifically because I didn't want to ever have to deal with extra fees.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Personally, I find "ok" or "k" messages annoying. I usually only use texting for quick FYI messages that don't require a response, or to ask about something specific when I don't have time to call the recipient. I don't generally text just to chit chat. Unless I'm asking a question, I'm not really looking for a response. I'm just communicating a quick message.
          If someone is communicating a quick message for me, I feel it's appropriate to indicate that I got the message by sending a one-word reply. That way, the sender knows I didn't miss it. It's, um... it's a big problem for me.

No point, just an illustration of differences.
          "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
          We are contented, because he says we are
          He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Personally, I find "ok" or "k" messages annoying. I usually only use texting for quick FYI messages that don't require a response, .
            I usually respond with K because if I don't I get three more messages asking me if I got the first one.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Working...
            X