No announcement yet.

People Bashing My Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was born in 1983 and I know for a fact that lazy and worthless people are in every generation. My parent's generation have lazy people just like mine and the next generations. I have uncles that would rather live off of family members then work themselves. I have meet people my age that would rather live off of welfare then work at a hard job. The next generation will have there own lazy people too.

I think it is human nature to bash the next generation.
    "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Statistically, there are points about the Millenials I wish other generations would copy... and others the reverse. But trying to make individuals fit the mold of how their generation is supposed to be is just as nonsensical a form of stereotyping as any other.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

*Shrugs* I was born in 80 I just consider myself part of the Internet Generation. The internet is where I found belonging.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

I was born in 1969 which puts me in the Generation X camp. I remember getting told how we were all lazy and entitled and what not. Yet I also remember hearing how we may be the first generation that doesn't do better than the one prior to us. Hmmm.

Comment

I was born in '82, began working in '97, graduated high school in '99 (and BMT shortly after,) finished my degree in '05 (and comissioned shortly after,) got married in '08, first kid this year. Served in combat for six of the last twelve years. Been to six of the seven continents (and hope to make it to Austrailia someday.)

I have cleared mines, IEDs, and chemical weapons storehouses. I've taken customer-service calls for a major telco, and worked operations for a different major telco. I've bagged groceries, and bagged a wife. I've blown up houses, built houses, and own a house.

I have packed more into my 29 years than my father ever could (56 years young,) my grandfather ever did (81 years, God rest his soul) and any three of my aunts and uncles combined. And the fucked up thing is, so have most Millenials. We have to. We are the Internet Generation. Our world is so small that you can be a black guy in Atlanta who's best friend is a Korean from Inchon, and you see eachother via Skype daily. If you lived as a Gen-X'er, Boomer, or a member of the "Greatest," you'd never have met. I've known men and women who have fought combat operations from outside Las Vegas, killing people in Afghanistan on a 20 second delay. The most Gung-Ho boomer would still have to get within a few miles to do the same. Most of the "Greatest" and the "Boomers" retired at 58, 59, 60. The Late Boomers are looking at 65, 66. My generation will likely never retire, because of the laziness and stupidity of the "Greatest" and the Boomers and the leading edge of the X'ers.

And anyone who says that Millenials are lazy, or stuipd, need to re-evaluate their definitions of those things. We are neither. We are more productive than you ever would be. We are more capable, more adaptable, more competent than you. Our worst are often better than your best, and it's only going to accelerate. I have no doubt that my little girl will outstrip me. She'll have to, or she will fail to compete and die. Figurativly, possibly literally, but die none the less. Psalms 35:11 was wrong. The meek shall inherit nothing, and anyone expecting otherwise, my generation and following generations look forward to meeting you and crushing you.

Comment

I call bullshit on the "if you were.... never have met" line. And most of the rest of your rant, really.

In fact, it's no better than any of those who say, without merit, that Millennials are the same.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X