No announcement yet.

being reminded i am jobless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband has been underemployed since our oldest was born 3 years ago. He left a decent paying job, because the hours were getting to be insane and wouldn't work out with my schedule or having a kid. So he started delivering pizzas while looking for something better, had a rough time finding something better, and due to a lot of really crappy luck he wound up unemployed at various times. I never threw the fact that he was unemployed in his face, because I knew he was out looking for a job, and applying anywhere and everywhere, plus it wasn't really going to help the situation by reminding him that he was jobless.

Now he has a good paying job again, and I also work outside the house full time. Luckily our schedules don't conflict and we've always been able work around each other's schedule and still have one of us be able to stay home with the kids so we don't have to find daycare. It's not easy and I know our situation isn't the norm, but so far we've made it work though it can be exhausting trying to juggle everything, and because of the way our schedules are set up we never have a day off together, and we don't even get a chance to sleep in the same bed one night a week, because literally 7 days a week one of us is working.

Comment

I am also jobless. But I do have a cafepress shop that is going to help me out, hopefully. I am going to start doing my own designs and upload to the site also and again, hopefully, it will be helpful

Comment

good luck powerboy hope it brings in needed help

Originally posted by RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Uh, if you are taking care of the kid while he works, you DO have a job. And if you aren't being paid for doing that job, I suggest you lay out to him in no uncertain terms how much daycare costs.
        exactly. but i love my job because its always rewarding even when its bad. Daughter is almost always happy and smiling, easily entertained (ie she finds alot of things funny or often finds herself a challenge. she is fairly smart for her age) and even when she is upset it is short lived

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
        Bing bing bing...you have a job that doesn't pay and is every bit as hard as your husband's. Probably harder.

Maybe you should sneak out and leave your husband alone with your daughter all day and a list of the chores you usually do. See how much he gets done...
        We have had a "come to jesus" meeting. he has apologized and said he understands, and that its been hard on him at work because work is cutting back and managers don't care that most of their employees don't care and/or are incompetent. I have said i understand those difficulties and do my best to give him time to unwind in the morning. he has no problem when daughter comes up to him at night to give hugs before bedtime or when he comes home in the morning as she is always smiling for him. i do my best and keep on my medication so as not to be a grump in the morning

he does help now by letting me know that there are places applying not to throw in my face but to help as i cannot always get out to put in apps. (reminds of the unable to drive due to vision issues.) and to answer possible questions yes i do have decent vision but my left eye is going and i am starting to need larger print books or i have to get really close. it doesn't affect my working so much as i squint to read now
        Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
        Yeah we're so over, over
        Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

I've got a temporary job for now and although I'm trying to put in as many hours as I can, I won't get payed in time to pay the minimum on my car insurance before the day after tomorrow.
          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Working...
          X