No announcement yet.

"I'm Cleaning Out My Friend List!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dunno. i think if you are using facebook as the networking tool it's great for, and bitching about other people turning it into a drama llama cruiseboat, it's a valid complaint.
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
      I just remembered I was once able to stay on someone's friends list because I quoted The Clash. =Þ

Miniature Giant Space Hamster?
      I honestly would not be surprised if that is the joke he was going for. It's just hard to keep track of people when you have 200+ friends on your list, and people are using fake names.

Comment

I don't know that many people with fake names, but I do know a lot of people have avatars or cartoon characters or shadows for profile pics.

Comment

I post the most random stuff to my profile and I once posted that I had just cleaned out my friends list without deleting anyone.

Comment

I have such an awesome idea right now......I will most likely get in so much trouble for it, though. I'll either get a few nasty PMs for mocking people who have done the "whine whine cry cry no one ever says hi to me!" or I'll have the handful of people I wish would just go away messaging me over how funny I am.

Ugh.

Yeah, every day it sounds like I should just delete the damn thing. I'm feeling I'm no better than the stalkers/creepers and the whiney drama kings and queens by getting mad that people use it to try to talk to me but I just don't want to talk to them.

Comment

I found out about a friend list cull after it happened, the fact I could read the post meant I had made the cut.

It was not worded in that way, but it felt odd to be one of those still on the list.
              She is the GF of a friend of a friend who is now a friend of my brothers, they are outside Manchester an I am, as my top right corner states, in Cambridge.

I think I've met her half a dozen times when up for my brothers 40th (first time I met her) and a few days after then a couple of times when I had been up since.

95% of my current friends list are former co workers, not thought about shooting them off a "How you doing?" message and will probably delete the lot come March.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                Yeah, every day it sounds like I should just delete the damn thing. I'm feeling I'm no better than the stalkers/creepers and the whiney drama kings and queens by getting mad that people use it to try to talk to me but I just don't want to talk to them.
                you are not required to talk to people just because they are on your friends list, it's there as an easy way to stay in touch if they choose. my sister is the only one I message on a regular basis and I've only ever had one person complain about how we never talk and we're not friends anymore because he ended up being a creep anyways.

Comment

I've done a couple major culls of my friends list, but I didn't make any major announcements. I just did it. People got removed for various reasons. Some I just grew apart from, some post really annoying things, and one I removed and blocked because she turned out to be a major psychopath.

I don't get the drama part of it. I use Facebook to keep up with far-flung friends. Sometimes I post a lot and sometimes I post very little. Some posts get a lot of comments, others get ignored entirely. It is what it is.

Comment

A few years ago in a local tourist trap town this couple and a woman were feuding on FB. The couple unfriended the woman after having got one up on her in the feud. The woman then talked her father and uncle into murdering the couple in their home in front of their baby. From what I read the murder scene was quite extensive with blood being every where. They didn't harm the baby but did leave it with the mother's body. The murders were discovered when the maternal grandfather of the baby came home and found it. I don't remember the outcome of it all but I do remember the woman's father and uncle were going to get a chance to ride the lighting.
                    Just something to think about.
                    Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

So... Don't make friends and then fight with psychos over stupid shit on the Internet lest they get their equally sociopath family members to murder you in your home?
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've dumped a few ppl off my list when I realized their politics pissed me off so bad every time I went to FB I either ended up raging or feeling attacked and worthless because they refused to acknowledge the validity of any position but their own. I'd rather just not interact with ppl at all than deal with it.

No sense making a production, tho...if they couldn't understand why I felt dismissed and talked down to, they weren't gonna care about being dropped either, and they didn't.
                        Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                        Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

I think I've dropped more groups than people, actually. Usually down to admins of certain interest groups using them for their own priorities and the like, which weren't anything to do with the intent of the group.

Rapscallion
                          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Now you mention it, I've dropped a couple of groups. They sounded OK when I first "friended" them but turned out to be as full of judgmental assholes as the people they were slamming. Oddly, when I called them out on it, I was told, "Well, you're being judgmental!!" OK, so basically you can hand it out but not take it ... got it.

Comment

I tend to roll with the flow with arseholes online. It's the 'net - I expect it. It's like adverts on a webpage. I mentally filter them out and don't see them.

Except for Steve. That was hilarious.

Heh.

Steve was/is a fundamentalist christian preacher type who kept posting on a friend's wall after said friend had debated him in a church from an atheist standpoint. He did his level best to wear out the word 'faggot' online, doing his part to make his faith more relevant to the masses. During the process, it was revealed that he had a restraining order out against him by his ex, and before this he'd turned down a three-way with her and a female friend of hers because he thought it was a test from god.

We treated him like a pinata.

Good times, good times. Not a group, not relevant, but happy memories.

Steve? That last sentence lacked dignity. Just saying.
                              Rapscallion
                              Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Lately I've been cringing over that "I got number 7, here's 7 things about me!"

and it's a bunch of "I was raped when I was 14 and I gave my kid up for adoption!"

or "My former step brother molested me in 5th grade!"

or "I had to get an abortion because my ex husband threatened to kill me"

WHAT THE FUCK people?

Normally, I'm pretty easy going on what people post, because I find a lot of shit funny, especially people who treat Facebook like a diary or a place to be stupid and vent about a mutual friend who can find out and then cause a big ol tiff (and me to get addicted to watching for hours lol), but I really can't believe the over over share in this most recent retarded trend. Honestly, I'm usually not one to say "Is that really necessary to post?", but...come on. Not that I'm not sympathetic or that I'm a huge cold hearted witch, but really? Really? Why would you post that?! I get that it's something some people are very open about, and that's fine...but it's supposed to be a chain game on Facebook.....lately it seems like a contest on who had the worst childhood!

Comment

Working...
                                X