No announcement yet.

"I'm Cleaning Out My Friend List!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those I just ignore. That chain crap annoys me. Posting inaccurate or just outright wrong information gets me too.
    I've only blocked one person and that was only because he started approaching me about an ex-of his that I worked with (I didn't know it at the time though), He was super creepy and weird about it so away he went.

Comment

Uh oh, guess who?

Yeah, here I am with more bitchin' away.

This is something I got deleted off of a friend's list for (boo hoo) because I didn't go, but this just annoys the Hell out of me.

Someone decides to, instead of making an actual event for, say, a Packer party this coming Sunday, they just impromptu post on Thursday "Packer party at my house Sunday at 2:30! Let me know who all wants to come so I know how much food to get!" and tag a certain number of your friends, therefore it will disappear in the newsfeed over time and only your tagged friends will get notified of it. I only see it because I'm on that much because I was sick and bored, lol.

Then Friday. You post it AGAIN.

And Saturday.

And now Sunday (well, yesterday, but whatever) at around noon: "LAST chance! Packer party at 2:30! Need to know how much food to get!" and noticing the tagged friends list is shorter than last time.

No one wants to go to your stupid Packer party. If it was that important, you could have made an actual event that would have sparked a notification to everyone you wanted it to, and people would have had a lot better chance of planning it. But no, putting it up every day was just fine!

My personal story, what I got deleted over, was some dumb girl that posted EVERY day the entire week leading up to Halloween that she and her boyfriend were doing a couple costume for a contest and of course, she just posted every single day, instead of making an event or texting anyone. And I couldn't go because I had a date already and my other friends didn't go because they can't always just drop and get a babysitter.

And then don't forget the people that you know have all the money to party every Friday and Saturday night, but at least once a week are using Facebook as a way to panhandle for rides or cigarettes or food.

Comment

Seems reasonable to me. Not the part about deleting you for not going, but the part about making regular posts each day as the date approaches rather than creating an event, a function they may not know how to do, or even know that it exists.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

It's not that hard to do. And that way, it shows up on anyone's phone who has the FB app (if you're on the go when you get it) or right up in your notifications vs hoping you scroll the entire day through the newsfeed to look for it.

Just makes more sense and you can invite just the same amount of people, versus just reposting it over and over.

Comment

It doesn't matter how easy a feature is to use if you've either forgotten or never knew its existence.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I didn't want to steal another thread.

People who beg on Facebook for stuff.

You look stupid when you ask for stuff for free or basically admit "I'm a broke deadbeat and I want this!"

You look even worse if you've just had a baby shower or bridal shower and you're on FB begging for stuff.

People who are always posting about being bored or wanting something to do, but when people respond (I notice after a while, people quit even responding to these updates) they find every reason not to.

Aka "Joe Blow is bored and wants something to do on a Friday night!"

so Susie comments "Come on downtown to the Mouse Trap! Live band!"

Joe Blow answers "Sorry, I'm broke."

Ok...so basically, what you really want to do is have someone come over and entertain you or something to do for free?

Well, rinse wash repeat that status every Friday for a month. Ugh.

Don't forget the people, who, if they don't get a response in three seconds, respond "I guess I have no friends!"

Comment

When I finally joined Facebook I made two accounts: one "real" account and one "games" account. That way, I didn't have to add random people to my real account just for some stupid game.

I no longer log into the games account. I log into my real one maybe once in a blue moon.

Comment

I once got one of these "like this or I'll unfriend you" updates in my feed. I simply replied: "Go ahead and delete me. If you think our relationship only is for hoarding up some imaginary points you can't use anyway, then our relationship is nothing worth at all. "

Strangely enough I'm still on this dude's friend list

And on the other end of "Facebook stuff I don't like" are this sorts of conversation:

Status OP: "AAAARGH! I'm so mad! Why have they done this to me?!!"
                  Friend comment: "Oh dear, what happened? You need some help?"
                  OP comment: "I don't wanna talk about it..."

THEN WHY DID YOU WRITE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU IJIT?!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernZel View Post

Status OP: "AAAARGH! I'm so mad! Why have they done this to me?!!"
                    Friend comment: "Oh dear, what happened? You need some help?"
                    OP comment: "I don't wanna talk about it..."
                    OMG, I hate that!
                    I have a cousin who posted for months about his little girl being in the Children's Hospital. When he first posted, he said that she was getting some kind of transfusion and would be there 14 days.

Because I had only seen her a few days before at a family wedding, I was shocked that she was suddenly so ill.
                    So were a lot of people, because everybody was asking what was wrong and he never answered.

Then over the course of the past year, he has repeatedly posted about his little girl being in so much pain, and his feeling so helpless, or her being admitted again and undergoing more treatment.

Every time, someone will ask what's wrong, and he never answers.

I asked several family members if they knew what was going on, and they were as in the dark as I was.
                    I am still not sure what's wrong for sure, but I was finally told a month ago or so by a family friend that they had been told she had Crohn's disease.

One day, after yet another cryptic pots that was going unanswered, I posted a rant on my page about people who make those kinds of posts and then don't answer when people ask questions.

I don't know if he realized it was partly directed at him or not, but he "Liked" my status.
                    Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

The "secret hysterics" (as I like to call it) are just as annoying irl imo. I've dealt with people who scream bloody murder and act the world is going to end... only to reveal that it far from the life and death situation they had everyone believing it was.

Dumbasses.

Comment

i admit, i've done the detail-hide sadness posts before. granted, less OMG THE WORLD IS OVER and more like "shitty day, can't really talk about it, but can i get some e-hugs?" stuff. partially because work had us sign one of those pesky agreements about not talking smack about them online (hence my lack of posting on CS), and partially because poly relationship issues are both hard to explain, and super hard to explain when you're temporarily in the closet. sigh.
                        All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

For me, FB is basically just a bulletin board. I toss up and share things I find interesting/funny, and that's about it. Sometimes I might comment on something a friend has posted as well, but I make a point of ignoring the Drama Llama posts (Most of my friends don't do those thankfully). I also don't respond to the "Cleaning my FB Friends list" posts either. If they want to remove me, so be it.

Considering half my list comes from gaming and online communities, often times I don't have a clue who Joe Blow is, because I only know them as Ichabob the Tormentor in an MMO or an MMO board.

Comment

I hate that to it's like 'like' my status or comment because I need my attention fix,If you're going to delete some friends off your list then do it don't brag about it I mean why must you tell everyone 'Time to clean out my friends list like if you want to remain' it's so childish,It's like a guilt trip making you feel you must like all of their posts and statuses,Maybe people are not on facebook 24/7 like some or maybe people just keep scrolling not stopping to read or maybe they actually don't like you and find you annoying! But if it makes them feel better by threatening people with deletion then so be it,I,ve seen plenty 'cleaning out my friends list' but two weeks later they've still the same number of friends and people or new people on their list lol

Comment

I do appreciate the idea behind letting people know "If I unfriend you in the next day or so and we actually talk, it was an accident, please send a new request" except, of course, that the people it happens to won't see the notice.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                                I do appreciate the idea behind letting people know "If I unfriend you in the next day or so and we actually talk, it was an accident, please send a new request" except, of course, that the people it happens to won't see the notice.
                                Agreed......happened to me with one of the guys whom I played Facebook games with. Odd thing was, he was one of the more active players on my friends list, and we did talk about things outside of the said game, but I never did find out the reason he unfriended me.

Comment

Working...
                                X