No announcement yet.

Taking away my menu bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem is that I'm trying to hit one letter and hit the one next to it. Then go back and delete, and repeat. It's a frustrating pain in the rear. It's not the size, as the buttons on the keyboard on my phone aren't much bigger. It's an issue with touchscreen sensitivity.

I also hate the assumption that everyone has a smartphone and, therefore, everyone should have access to their e-mail or FB 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
      It's not the size, as the buttons on the keyboard on my phone aren't much bigger. It's an issue with touchscreen sensitivity.
      yes but if you hit the edge of a physical key along with the one your trying to hit, the edge hit key won't respond, a touchscreen will. I have that happen at times, I either let the auto correct fix it(rather than wasting time deleting) or turn it to landscape mode and the keys triple in size, and it becomes impossible to mistype, even with touchscreen sensitive gloves on.
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Other than it being slower than, say, a laptop keyboard, the only problem I've had with a touchscreen is on this site. Because the text field is wider than the screen (and in typing mode there's no way I've found to change that; zooming only works without the keyboard onscreen) it has to scroll sideways. Which is fine... but 1) it does so only about five characters worth at a time, and 2) it acts frozen for many seconds each time before moving. It will accept new typing in the meantime, but that just means that if there's an error (and there will be, I just wouldn't otherwise mind fixing them) I have to back up much further than ought to be necessary to get to it. Or else keep stopping and waiting for the thing to catch up.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
        X