CS awesome Posts filled with crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    As annoying as it is, people going off-topic doesn't actually kill a thread; lack of continued interest in the thread is what kills it. After all, if you have something to say, does an off-topic post prevent you from saying it?

^-.-^
    Great point. Sometimes what the thread evolves into becomes more interesting than the original topic.

Unfortunately, when the corny jokes start, there could be *loads* of great info after the jokes, and I never see it because I always give up on the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
      I don't mind the thread derailment so much as I mind the few who come along and *only* add corny jokes to a thread, but nothing else.
      HAW HAW pink camo, NARF?

<mutter>

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        HAW HAW pink camo, NARF?

<mutter>
        I'm sorry, GK, I don't mean to belittle your pain; but I laughed out loud at that one. I think you might have suffered more than the rest of us at the hands of this phenomenon.

Comment

so freakin true. GK, fell me, when was the last time YOU uttered the words? Bet it's been awhile. Also bet you regret it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
            so freakin true. GK, fell me, when was the last time YOU uttered the words? Bet it's been awhile. Also bet you regret it.
            Yes, yes I do. I haven't mentioned it in years either, yet it still crops up in threads. It's become my own personal "The Cake is a Lie". >.>

Comment

Oh you utter it a lot. Every day you say "I wish I'd never brought up Pink Camo."
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                Oh you utter it a lot. Every day you say "I wish I'd never brought up Pink Camo."
                To be honest, I don't think I've ever looked past 3 replies to any of GK's threads. After I've read his OP, I'm in a euphoric high that reading replies will only take me down from.

That being said, the "pink camo" and the "pants" memes actually haven't gotten stale for me yet, believe it or not. Maybe it's because I don't actually read the replies, but also I think it's because they're so ludicrous I still can't wrap my mind over what the heck is going on up there, and each time I think about it, I visualize these sad and cold people in the middle of frozen tundra very excitedly wearing them and waiting in great anticipation for the next "pants day" where they'll call civilization again for a new shipment. And I smile.

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
                  The thread in question has a title playing off of Chekov from Star Trek saying "nuclear wessels" instead of "vessels" because of his Russian accent. A lot of the thread has been plays on words about it.
                  Thanks. (definitely not a word to begin with W.)
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                  X