My sister in law's "logic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protege View Post
    Not much different between that and John Kerry's refusal back in 2004. It's only "bad" because Romney is a Republican and therefore evil and must be destroyed

There's so much misinformation out right now it's not even funny. I've seen ads slamming Romney for things that happened after he left Bain Capital in 1999...
    Well, OK, but hold on now: why do you believe retroactive retirement to be a real and legitimate thing?
    as well as ads claiming Obama improved the economy...which only focused on the most recent couple of months, and left out the massive losses of the past 3 years! They're more concerned with keeping their jobs and/or destroying the other side.
    Everything I've seen shows *one* year of loss, not three (and that year, of course, being the one set up by his predecessor. Then the almost three years, not just a couple months or anything remotely close to that, of slow improvement. How did you go about reversing that?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      Well, OK, but hold on now: why do you believe retroactive retirement to be a real and legitimate thing?
      Both Romney and Bain Capital have said that he left in '99 when he went to work with the Olympic committee.

How did you go about reversing that?
      Uh, I never said I agreed with those ads. I was referring to some of the local ads. There are a couple of groups hell-bent on destroying Obama. They've taken out some print ads...with some very interesting statistics

Comment

Both Romney and Bain Capital have said that he left in '99 when he went to work with the Olympic committee.
        People lie. Especially when they have a vested interest in said lie, and "the presidancy" Is one hell of an interest.

Uh, I never said I agreed with those ads. I was referring to some of the local ads. There are a couple of groups hell-bent on destroying Obama. They've taken out some print ads...with some very interesting statistics
        Thats not the way it sounded the first time you mentioned them.

Not much different between that and John Kerry's refusal back in 2004. It's only "bad" because Romney is a Republican and therefore evil and must be destroyed

There's so much misinformation out right now it's not even funny. I've seen ads slamming Romney for things that happened after he left Bain Capital in 1999...as well as ads claiming Obama improved the economy...which only focused on the most recent couple of months, and left out the massive losses of the past 3 years! They're more concerned with keeping their jobs and/or destroying the other side.
        Bolded for emphasis.

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
          Bolded for emphasis.
          Ignore the 3 dots before the bolded part. The anti-Obama ads claimed that the job numbers only focused on the past couple of months, and ignore the previous losses. That's what I was trying to say there.

Comment

Ignore the 3 dots before the bolded part. The anti-Obama ads claimed that the job numbers only focused on the past couple of months, and ignore the previous losses. That's what I was trying to say there.
            My apologies then, I mis-read it as you stating that pro obama ads were focusing on just the past few months, but ignoring the previous three years.

My bad.

Comment

I should have been more clear. Guess that's the migraine pills doing my typing again No worries, it's all good

Comment

I should have been more clear. Guess that's the migraine pills doing my typing again No worries, it's all good
                I'm fairly sure a civil end to a misunderstanding of this sort is illegal on the interwebs...aren't we suppose to bluster and insult one another?

Comment

Working...
                X