No announcement yet.

I don't even know what to title this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The part you quoted isn't entirely wrong. The book is about how the world will be after the America as we know it is gone. That's where the accuracy ends.

The "post-America" the book is meaning is after America is no longer the economic juggernaut that wholly and solely the economic standard. What the book is about is how America needs to adjust to the fact that the world economy is shifting and needs to be flexible and understanding that it's no longer the economic pillar.

Sadly, the ignorant people who actually get past the fact that it was written by "a dirty muslum" (which is very few and despite the fact that the author is not a practicing muslim) get lost up in thinking that what he's talking about will never happen despite it already occurring.

Comment

Oh, yes, and it's even better when you're at work and some random ignorant bitch woman is spouting shit off on her phone while walking through the store. I had to grit my teeth and deal with hearing this woman rant about how "everyone who voted for Obama are idiots" because of the IRS not accepting returns until January 30 this year because of the whole Fiscal Cliff situation. Oh, the things I wanted to say to her, and couldn't. Things like...woman, not everything in the fuckin' world is Obama's fault, and would you really rather have had someone in office that would've taken the rights of you, me and every woman out there away? But no... I had to be a good girl, ring her up, and resist the urge to bitch slap her very, very hard.

ETA: Ree, one of my very favorite things is proving people's stupid posts like that wrong by linking them to sites disproving them, like Snopes. It feels so...satisfying, somehow.
      Last edited by BrenDAnn; 01-15-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenDAnn View Post
        *snip*

ETA: Ree, one of my very favorite things is proving people's stupid posts like that wrong by linking them to sites disproving them, like Snopes. It feels so...satisfying, somehow.
        I freaking LOVE that feeling. Is there a word for that? I feel like there should be. It seems almost related to schadenfreude...

On a semi related note: When reading Ree's post, my first thought was "They thought they had to explain what "post" means in that context? Oh gods...."

Comment

How many people file their taxes significantly before the end of January anyway, when it's not long before that employers send out the forms you have to include?
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
          X