No announcement yet.

Stop Gambling on Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The perfect engagement ring for a gaming couple.

Comment

As a Craps addict, I'd buy that
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
        *pipes up* Peridot is my birthstone. I don't much care for it, though, because it's too much of a watery, washed-out color, most of the time. I prefer bright blues and greens, particularly turquoise and jade.
        I prefer to think of the color, not as "watery, washed-out," but as "subtle." But I still don't think I've ever actually seen it in a store. Then again, I haven't really looked either.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

If my boyfriend proposes to me, I hope he does it with a green lantern ring.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
            If my boyfriend proposes to me, I hope he does it with a green lantern ring.
            What, not Violet / Star Sapphire?

Comment

Before my husband and I got engaged, we were tossing around ideas about engagement rings. I told him to just find something in a Cracker Jack box or use the ring from a ballpoint pen or something, but he refused We went and looked at rings and tried some diamond ones, but they all really bored me. I found a ring that I really liked, but putting a diamond in it just looked weird to me, so we passed. But he could tell that I really liked the antique look of the ring, so we went back to the shop and tried it with a blue sapphire (which also happens to be both of our birthstone), and it looked amazing. Cost 1/3 of the price of a diamond, too

Comment

hubs has a few of those. one is a d20, the other is 2d6.
                can't remember who he got them from though. it was a Kickstarter thing from months ago.
                All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
                  hubs has a few of those. one is a d20, the other is 2d6.
                  can't remember who he got them from though. it was a Kickstarter thing from months ago.
                  I almost bought into that Kickstarter, but the long and short was that they're pretty standard spinner rings, and once someone thinks of it, everyone who can make spinner rings is going to do it. And I was right - they're pretty commonly available now.

Comment

When my husband and I were getting engaged he got me a DEAREST ring. Each stone spells out the word which I think is really cool. Its a english victorian tradition.

For our wedding rings it was Stainless Steel and Mother of pearl insets. I say was becuase he kept breaking his so now I wear mine as my engagement ring on my right hand and have a white gold and gold ring for my left. He has a titanium band and a tungston carbide that I got him for his engagement ring.

The only big suggestion I have is make sure he knows your ring size exactly and make sure you are not allergic to the metal. My dearest is supposed to be Sterling Silver but it has nickle in it too so I cant wear it with out blistering my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by evilfarmer View Post
                      When my husband and I were getting engaged he got me a DEAREST ring. Each stone spells out the word which I think is really cool. Its a english victorian tradition.
                      That's called acrostic jewellery. I do love the concept. Theoretically you can spell almost anything depending on how rare and/or how much gem quality you're willing to use - iirc the last time I saw the list one of the letters had only some form of uranium or something nasty O.o

Comment

Is the betting still open? I'd like to toss a buck at the log-shot February 29th. That's got to have good odds, right?

Comment

I don't even have an engagement ring. We were both too broke to afford it. My wedding ring's silver. Her dad is the one who actually bought the rings for us ((as a wedding present)) and I honestly didn't care...as long as I had -a- ring, I was happy. ((And mostly because I get to show it off and squeal that I'm married, because I still get ridiculously excited at that fact. )) But yeah...you don't have to have an engagement ring straight off to be engaged!
                          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Working...
                          X