No announcement yet.

Idiots who blindly forward anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a few older coworkers (not everyone who is older is like this, but imagine your aunt Sue who thinks that the status update bar is Google Search) who have had to be taught, step by step, pretty much, how to properly use Facebook. Now and then, they blindly share something so stupid, I don't know where they found it or why they believed it.

This is also where I learned how to *shun* (meaning unfollow) people on your friend list, by the by.

I had an older coworker who posted back in early October, one of those memes reminding people to turn their clocks back an hour THIS SATURDAY for Daylight Savings Time. This was long before November 1st/2nd. This was maybe the 10th.

It was funny to read, within minutes, another coworker had asked where she found that and said that DST wasn't until the end of the month. All she answered was "Oh, oops!"

At least it was really good for a laugh.

And yes, a lot of the ladies I work with post missing children stuff all over Facebook, even if they are from other states and so-called Amber Alerts. Most of it, I doubt is even true or up to date.

Comment

I've had two rounds of posts coming up recently that have only served for me to basically unfriend them or even block them.

The first was something going around suggesting that refugees were receiving more welfare payments than pensioners. I kept bringing up page after page that proved that it was false and that no, governments were not just handing out free things to refugees left, right and centre. I had to leave the room after my SO's mother started talking about it.

The second (and more recent) has been basically anything that somehow suggests that we need to fight against this supposed "Muslim invasion", which consists of...businesses opening up more options to attract customers. It's actually gotten to the point now where many people have suggested that companies which partake in halal accreditation are secretly funding terrorists...but nobody can explain how the process works or how those groups have managed to escape state and federal police AND escape the media, who would've been more than happy to expose a bribing scandal. (Or why nobody has reported them to the terrorist hotline...>.>)

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
        And yes, a lot of the ladies I work with post missing children stuff all over Facebook, even if they are from other states and so-called Amber Alerts. Most of it, I doubt is even true or up to date.
        I never share those because sometimes it's actually an abusive ex/stalker trying to find his victim again.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
          I never share those because sometimes it's actually an abusive ex/stalker trying to find his victim again.
          I always check.

The last two I saw on my feed were actually legitimate cases of missing people that the authorities were attempting to find; one of them a friend of people who are friends of mine.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Gremcinct--

Really? How can you tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixilated View Post
              I haven't seen this in this thread but if it is a duplicate, I do apologize.
              I used to get chain letters in my email (forward to see how many friends you have/how many people love you, there's a nasty computer virus going around, etc), and it all stopped when I set up an "autoresponder" template that got sent back to the sender. It was basically a list of why I'd never forward chain emails.

Comment

Working...
              X