Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things they now teach in schools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
    U'm, I can open my bedroom door by hand from the hinge side, what the hell is with the call for explosives?
    Because why not?

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
    Yes, fan of mythbusters, I know the attraction of boombooms
    Originally posted by Mythbusters Announcer
    If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Comment

depends on the door. But for most doors, I would use a tool to either break the hinges, or separate them from the door. Then, more likely than not, the next job is getting out of the way before the door hits you on the head.

Comment

Obviously, any teacher who gave it a few second's thought would have asked why it's more difficult to open a door on the side with the hinges.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

At least as obviously, any student would know what the original question meant and would answer accordingly if they wanted a good grade rather than an excuse to be a smartass.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Sort of like the apocrophal story about a student answering a question about how to use a barometer to measure the height of a building. He came up with a number of answers, including similar triangles (length of building's shadow, length of barometer's shadow, height of barometer - plug it in to get height of building), using it as a pendulum bob and timing the swing, and measuring how long it takes to hit the ground when dropped off the roof.

Comment

Working...
            X