No announcement yet.

NBC Olympic coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the next Olympics in 2016, download Expat Shield. This will allow you to stream BBC coverage in the US, with the added bonus of access to all of the BBC channels, including BBC News.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post

It's like, damn it, I want to watch gymnastics/ice dancing/ski jumps/whatever, show me that, not somebody sitting around!
      Pretty much this. I did like the London 2012 Olympic coverage that's provided on Youtube. While it's VERY VERY LENGTHY depending on the sport, it does allow you to see each of the athletes compete (YMMV) and you can be like "oh, so that's why she's 8th in the women's all-around for gymnastics!"

This year we had Channel 10 providing the coverage for the Winter Olympics (from about Sydney onwards, we had the Olympics bouncing between Channels 7 and 9, Ten's dedicated sports channel won them over this time ) and they actually did a nice job.

Unlike previous instances, where the fluff/actual competition coverage was about 50/50 (and focused on the "popular sports" mainly where Australians were competing ie swimming), Channel 10 gave the best of both worlds:

-If you wanted the fluff/competition coverage, you could see Channel 10.
      -If you wanted the competition straight up, you could watch their Digital Channel known simply as ONE. (Which is mainly sport with some more male-oriented "drama" thrown into the mix...they keep the scanty girls to a minimum though)

It'll be interesting to see how the Commonwealth Games are handled this year (and chances are that either 7 or 9 will get it...and horribly bungle it )

Comment

Working...
      X