"Would You Like To Donate?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
    One of the local grocers has a pop-up on the credit card pin pad where you need to accept or decline making a donation to *local charity* before you can sign for your purchase.
    And how long will it be before some store, in order to increase participation in their donation program, not only inserts such a pop-up, but programs it so that the "decline" button also trips "cancel" for the transaction? You have the option to decline the donation - but if you choose to do so, you can't pay by plastic.

Comment

Er, I think that runs the risk of inventing problems before they happen?

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
        One of the local grocers has a pop-up on the credit card pin pad where you need to accept or decline making a donation to *local charity* before you can sign for your purchase.
        I've seen that too. In some places I've observed the cashier has the ability to "skip" that screen for you from the register, sometimes abruptly even as I was making my choice (whether it was yes or no).
        Last edited by TheHuckster; 03-13-2014, 01:57 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post

Comment

I had people who could read perfect english just stare at me while I was still ringing their stuff up (they swiped their card before I was done). I told them it was something to donate if not just hit the no thanks button.

What is horrible is that people think its a cash back screen. Oh the unwarranted yelling.

Comment

Working...
          X