X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
    Who the fuck made them God?
    I suspect it's projection.

"I have my life and I'm happy. Someone else is happy with a different variation on life, but why aren't they having my variation on happiness as that would make them happier?"

On the plus side, they're doing what they think is best for you, whether or not it is.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

For those of you who are in your 30's and 40's and getting asked why you don't have a spouse/kids/whatever yet...seven weeks after my husband died I attended a family wedding alone (with my son). 3 of my cousins came up to me at separate times 'oh, have you not found someone yet?' all false sympathy. Because I guess they thought I should be dating again, and was pathetic for not starting a relationship yet.

Those are the kinds of people you are dealing with, don't let it bother you for a second.

Comment

I'm in no hurry for kids. Never have been, never will be.

I'm just tired of everyone thinking I'm some weirdo because I'm still several steps behind everyone else my age. It's so mean and selfish, but I've pretty much unfollowed anyone who posts an engagement or wedding picture because it's like yeah, this girl right here still can't even get a decent date.

Some people need to realize this idea of "normal" they grew up with or got pounded into their heads, is not everyone's destiny, and you can really make a person feel like shit because they haven't followed the herd. I used to be dead set against long term relationships and engagements after some really bad relationships, then I saw that I was the only single girl left, now I just feel bad. And I shouldn't. I'm not old by any means. But I feel like I made all the wrong choices, wasted too many years, now it's too late.

And then don't get me started on the people who simply CANNOT beeelieeeve you're "still" single, so then that means "You MUST be going back to school then, to get a real job, right?"

Because the job I've had since I was 19 years old clearly is a damn joke and they pay me in Monopoloy money. Another mistake I made, not going to college yet, everyone's gotta rub it in my damn face!

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
          I'm in no hurry for kids. Never have been, never will be.

I'm just tired of everyone thinking I'm some weirdo because I'm still several steps behind everyone else my age. It's so mean and selfish, but I've pretty much unfollowed anyone who posts an engagement or wedding picture because it's like yeah, this girl right here still can't even get a decent date.

Some people need to realize this idea of "normal" they grew up with or got pounded into their heads, is not everyone's destiny, and you can really make a person feel like shit because they haven't followed the herd. I used to be dead set against long term relationships and engagements after some really bad relationships, then I saw that I was the only single girl left, now I just feel bad. And I shouldn't. I'm not old by any means. But I feel like I made all the wrong choices, wasted too many years, now it's too late.

And then don't get me started on the people who simply CANNOT beeelieeeve you're "still" single, so then that means "You MUST be going back to school then, to get a real job, right?"
          Fuck yes.

People and their god damn expectations of what's normal can go suck a big one. I'm lucky I haven't gotten too much of this, but it's most likely because I tend to be more reserved. And fear of people who want to tell me what I'm doing wrong is exactly why I'm reserved. I don't need to be 'rescued' and even if I did, I wouldn't ask their help. They don't know me more than I know myself, and if I say something is not right for me, than everyone else and their opinions can take a hike.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
            I am 34 and in a committed, long term relationship with one cat. If nothing works out by the time I am 40 I will add a second cat. After that....
            GK is a shining example of pet polyamory.

seriously though, i dont's understand why (at least in western society) people still stick to the archaic goals of marriage and babies. one isn't required to have the other, and one is not a requireMENT of the other either. if people wanna be unmarried with kids, or married and childfree, or any mix of any thing whooooo caaarrrreeeesssss ugh.

also, from someone who is not having kids, OMFG the lectures never end on why we should have children. fuck off world, not happening. ((my father even made an "accidents happen" joke. i walked away.)
            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
              seriously though, i dont's understand why (at least in western society) people still stick to the archaic goals of marriage and babies. one isn't required to have the other, and one is not a requireMENT of the other either. if people wanna be unmarried with kids, or married and childfree, or any mix of any thing whooooo caaarrrreeeesssss ugh.
              I don't really care how others choose their lifestyles, but quite frankly, I find it quite insulting that you'd call my personal choice of my lifestyle as "archaic." Just because you don't personally conform to a traditional "nuclear family" culture doesn't mean anyone who does is archaic or wrong. You ask people to accept your lifestyle, and I request you do the same.

Comment

Congratulations on the child. I hope it will be healthy, strong, and wise.
                Noble Grand: Do you swear, on your sacred honor, to uphold the principles of Friendship, Love and Truth?
                Me: I do.
                (snippet of the Initiation ceremony of the Fraternal Order of Odd Fellows)

Comment

Working...
                X