No announcement yet.

Sharing a laundry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your FIL's brother is a total asshole. I mean, I might buy an excuse that someone thought you were done using a dryer when your clothes were still damp, but interrupting a wash & dumping out your sudsy clothes? No no nononononono.

As for your inlaws turning the knob so low dry heat becomes burn, I've never understood this mindset, yet it doesn't seem that uncommon. I used to have roommates that would bake their clothes for a full hour, when I could thoroughly dry a large load in 30 minutes. And heaven forbid my laundry still be slightly damp (c'mon, it'll air dry shortly), because they'd crank the dryer for another full-blast 30 minutes. They were trying to be helpful, but jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
      Your FIL's brother is a total asshole. I mean, I might buy an excuse that someone thought you were done using a dryer when your clothes were still damp, but interrupting a wash & dumping out your sudsy clothes? No no nononononono.

As for your inlaws turning the knob so low dry heat becomes burn, I've never understood this mindset, yet it doesn't seem that uncommon. I used to have roommates that would bake their clothes for a full hour, when I could thoroughly dry a large load in 30 minutes. And heaven forbid my laundry still be slightly damp (c'mon, it'll air dry shortly), because they'd crank the dryer for another full-blast 30 minutes. They were trying to be helpful, but jeez.

Soapy clothes have also been dumped behind the washing machine and into the trash before.

It doesnt help that my in-laws house has fleas(the washer and dyer are in the garage at my house thankfully)! They dont have any pets yet the have a flea infestation!

Comment

Originally posted by sophie View Post
        Soapy clothes have also been dumped behind the washing machine and into the trash before.
        I'm starting to think they don't like you.
        "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

They're pissed off because I'm having a baby.

Comment

It doesnt help that my in-laws house has fleas(the washer and dyer are in the garage at my house thankfully)! They dont have any pets yet the have a flea infestation!
            The laundry is yours, yet they regularly treat you like that? Seems to me you need to stop sharing the laundry.

I understand that is easier said than done with family involved, nonetheless I don´ty see a mroe reasonable solution.
            Last edited by SkullKing; 12-01-2014, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I share a laundry with my in-laws, they are great people, extremely nice and welcoming.
              They're pissed off because I'm having a baby.

One of this staetements does not seem to fit with the other two.

Comment

Great, now I've got that song in my head....one of these things is not like the other...

If the OP's inlaws are pulling the sorts of stunts they are then I'm going to take the first statement as being entirely tongue-in-cheek. It's pretty damn clear that the inlaws are anything but great because, seriously, who pulls the sort of laundry stunts that they do?!

Frankly, I'd be just taking my laundry to the nearest laundromat and doing it all there. Sure, it may cost more but the peace of mind would be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuari View Post
                  Frankly, I'd be just taking my laundry to the nearest laundromat and doing it all there. Sure, it may cost more but the peace of mind would be worth it.
                  They may not be feasible, there may be none neartby, and if she is pregnant getting out of the house might be mor eproblematic than for a person not int hat situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
                    They may not be feasible, there may be none neartby, and if she is pregnant getting out of the house might be mor eproblematic than for a person not int hat situation.
                    Been there, done that myself. If getting to a laundromat is not feasible then the next thing would be to bundle up and take a chair and a good book into the garage to wait for each load to finish. Even when I was bigger than a house during my pregnancy I dragged my ass and my laundry to a laundromat that was not exactly nearby - being pregnant does not equal being out of options.

Comment

Good god, what does your husband say about their bullshit? I'm guessing they'd raise hell if you pulled the same shit on them that they do to you, just because you're having a baby that's NO excuse for them to act like assholes.

Comment

Been there, done that myself. If getting to a laundromat is not feasible then the next thing would be to bundle up and take a chair and a good book into the garage to wait for each load to finish.
                        The book thing is a good suggestion.

Even when I was bigger than a house during my pregnancy I dragged my ass and my laundry to a laundromat that was not exactly nearby - being pregnant does not equal being out of options.
                        Until a few years ago there were no laundromats in my city. I do not know what Sophie´s situation is.

Comment

They're nice most of the time. My husband tries to talk to them but they dont listen to him at all.

I could go to a laundromat but it's expensive( $2.00 per load) and I dont want to sit in an unheated garage in winter.

Comment

Install a padlock.

It's stupid, but they're being downright shitty and deserve to be locked out of the laundry when it's not their turn.
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was also going to suggest to wait until they leave and are going to be gone for a while, to make sure they don't mess with your clothes. Or you could have your husband stay with the clothes instead of you, or do your clothes after they do theirs.

Comment

Working...
                              X