No announcement yet.

Copy & Paste BS On FB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly, did anyone explain to your friend who the man was, or did they just let your friend languish in his stupidity? Just curious.

Comment

I could actually see the post being shared facetiously to mock the people posting pics of Jesus. I have a friend on my feed who posts satanic and blasphemous memes, mainly to troll his uber-Christian father.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenDAnn View Post
        Kelly, did anyone explain to your friend who the man was, or did they just let your friend languish in his stupidity? Just curious.

My bad.....forgot to mention that this guy was well aware the pic was Charles Manson.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if someone were to post a picture of Jeffrey Dalmler (sp?) with the caption proclaiming him to be a humanitarian. After all, if vegetarians eat vegetables...

Comment

Just one more reason not to click "like".

Article: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/28...-heres-how.htm

Quote:
            Why people click and how scammers benefit

Senft explained that once scammers collect a lot of likes, they can "reset" the page and promote products so they can rake in commission or sell the page to other cybercriminals who also aim to trick people. The more likes, the pricier the page gets in black hat forums. Likewise, these Facebook pages can be used to shoot malware to computer systems that can then be used for phishing, or worse, identity theft.

Comment

A cousin posted this gem today.

Better safe than sorry is right. Channel 13 News was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of January 4th, 2015 at 12:27 a.m. Eastern standard time, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. You MUST copy and paste
              My wife being an awesome lawyer in training responded with this:

1. The Rome Statute has nothing to do with this.
              2. The US does not adhere to the Rome Statute.
              3. The UCC is for commercial contacts, not at all criminal.
              4. When you clicked that you agreed with the FB terms and conditions, you agreed to all of them as they were written.

Who actually believes that posting something like that would have any legal standing in court?
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

The other day someone shared of a picture of a small child and what one would assume was the parents. The child is wrapped from the neck down completely in bandages. There's no info about the child or the family, it just says something along the lines of
                Like = $1
                Comment = $10
                Share = $100

I even checked the post it was shared from and there was absolutely no information about the situation which makes me doubt it even more. Made me so pissed off to see. I don't know what poor family had this heartbreaking picture taken from them to be used as spam but when you share something like that, you aren't doing something to show how much you care or to spread awareness. You're doing something very disrespectful (whether you stop and think about it or not) by perpetuating this spam post that is using an image that the family most likely did not consent to people using in that manner.

Comment

This is what one of my Facebook friends posted on his wall regarding some of the spam that goes around:

I HEREBY GIVE MY PERMISSION to the Police, CSIS, the FBI and CIA, the RCMP, the Swiss Guard, the Priory of Scion, the inhabitants of Middle Earth, Agents Mulder and Scully, the Goonies, ALL the Storm Troopers and Darth Vader, the Mad Hatter, Chuck Norris (not that Chuck Norris needs my permission), S.H.I.E.L.D, The Avengers, The Illuminati, The Men in Black, X-Men, Ghost Busters, The Justice League, Gandalf and Dumbledore, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The Great Pumpkin, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Tooth Fairy, The Krampus, and all the members of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Black Sabbath, Voltron, The Groovy Ghoulies, the Thunder Cats, Dr. Who, Hart to Hart, Mystery inc. (Scooby Doo), James Garner, Angela Landsbury, the WWF, the EPA, and even Magnum P.I., He-Man, Jay and Silent Bob, Cheech & Chong, Neo, Blade, and the Boondock Saints to view all the amazing and interesting things I publish on Facebook.
                  I'm aware that my privacy ended the very day that I created a profile on Facebook, I know that whatever I post can (and usually does) get shared, tagged, copied, and posted elsewhere because I'm THAT fascinating. If I don't want anyone else to have it, then I don't post it!!!!
                  DO NOT SHARE. YOU GOTTA COPY AND PASTE

Comment

Originally posted by KellyHabersham View Post
                    This is what one of my Facebook friends posted on his wall regarding some of the spam that goes around:

I HEREBY GIVE MY PERMISSION to the Police, CSIS, the FBI and CIA, the RCMP, the Swiss Guard, the Priory of Scion, the inhabitants of Middle Earth, Agents Mulder and Scully, the Goonies, ALL the Storm Troopers and Darth Vader, the Mad Hatter, Chuck Norris (not that Chuck Norris needs my permission), S.H.I.E.L.D, The Avengers, The Illuminati, The Men in Black, X-Men, Ghost Busters, The Justice League, Gandalf and Dumbledore, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The Great Pumpkin, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Tooth Fairy, The Krampus, and all the members of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Black Sabbath, Voltron, The Groovy Ghoulies, the Thunder Cats, Dr. Who, Hart to Hart, Mystery inc. (Scooby Doo), James Garner, Angela Landsbury, the WWF, the EPA, and even Magnum P.I., He-Man, Jay and Silent Bob, Cheech & Chong, Neo, Blade, and the Boondock Saints to view all the amazing and interesting things I publish on Facebook.
                    I'm aware that my privacy ended the very day that I created a profile on Facebook, I know that whatever I post can (and usually does) get shared, tagged, copied, and posted elsewhere because I'm THAT fascinating. If I don't want anyone else to have it, then I don't post it!!!!
                    DO NOT SHARE. YOU GOTTA COPY AND PASTE
                    I've seen this multiple times, along with stuff about how to change your privacy settings to prevent Zuckerberg from changing the TOS and going cannibal on you.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
                    X