Awww.... Youtube???

they are also posted to my facebook page
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

• Originally posted by pantherquest2000 View Post
      HB 3476 vs. SB 1000

http://landru.leg.state.or.us/05reg/...476.intro.html

http://landru.leg.state.or.us/05reg/...000.intro.html

HB 3476 wasn't perfect by any means, and certainly needed tweaking to improve legal responsibilities. I think it was on the right track though.

And that's it, I'm done. You can continue to make snide remarks in my absence.

Cheers.
      After reading the text of the two bills, I have come to the conclusion that the one that included other relationships would have been a nightmare to hold up in court since it was so broad. I can see why it wasn't chosen. Probably more pointed legislation could be written to accommodate what that bill was trying to do, and I think the second bill is an example of that more pointed legislation.

I'm not sure what part of my replies to you were seen as snide. I'm usually pretty painfully blunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
        they are also posted to my facebook page
        Awwww... FaceBook???

(nope, can't get that at work either )

(but I'm home now )

AFP, I'd take a shot and guess that if s/he was referring to your post, it was in relation to the polygamy/slippery slope bit - and that's only presuming it's in reference to your post! (which, from what I can read, didn't have any snideness in it..)
        ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

• Hey, thought this article might highlight gay marriage in Australia...

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...9-2682,00.html

Read the comments though. I am just simply STUNNED by them. Although I had to laugh at the parallel between my state and the Bible Belt states in the US.

Comment

• fireheart... I am truly sadenned by reading those comments. I had hoped that Utah truly was the worst place in the civilized world when it came to bigotry like that... the fact that there is worse means we are so much further behind than I had originally thought.
            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

• Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
              fireheart... I am truly sadenned by reading those comments. I had hoped that Utah truly was the worst place in the civilized world when it came to bigotry like that... the fact that there is worse means we are so much further behind than I had originally thought.
              Some of the other boards comment on how much of a backwater Adelaide is. While I don't disagree with them, I take what I can and use it.
              What really disgusts me (but is a bit off-topic) is how people use the "we need change, we're not being progressive" argument towards anything that affects retail workers, teachers and just about anything else except their own careers...namely ensuring that things are actually WORSE off for us than for them. (one of those was forcing big box retailers to open on public holidays...what, like you don't have the other 364 days a year to shop?)

Lately, I've noticed that my views are getting sidelined on there, so I've come to here as it's a lot better in the long run and at least the people here are civilized .

Gay marriage wise, my original post on there (which I think has been sidelined) was a way to ensure that everybody remains happy: not all weddings are required to be in a church, and not all couples want to be in a church, religious or not. So gay people, sure they can get married, since it's more or less a legal agreement, just the church does not have to perform the marriage. They can get married, but not in a church, essentially. Basically, it opens up the entire state to them, and I don't think I've ever attended a wedding in a church. Ever. (two were outdoors, with the receptions nearby, one was in a hotel function room and the other was in another function centre). I know that my views will probably be nitpicked, but I thought this might open up some ideas for people. To those who are openly gay here, what do you think? Would it work?

Comment

• and at least the people here are civilized
                Excuse me!! I resent that! I'm proud of my barbaric attitudes, thank you very much!

Actually, Fireheart, I thought I heard something on the radio the other day from one of the federal pollies indicating an opening up of the laws to allow for same sex marriages.. (hang on, memory coming back... no, not marriages, but allowing for same rights for workplaces.. sick leave, carers leave, etc etc... so, not quite the same - but heading there).

As for the comments at the bottom (which I promptly ignored past the first page)... meh - bigots etc everywhere...
                ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

• I just found a good link for this debate.

http://www.geocities.com/patrick_far...hart-large.png

there it is, the gay marriage debate in flow chart form. Enjoy
                  "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

• That pretty much sums it up, I love it.
                    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

• I particularly like the unending 'why hasn't god smitten XXX?' cluster, and the bit with non-sequitur.

On that note, even if there was more crime, we could nail them with post hoc ergo propter hoc!

Logical fallacies rule
                      All units: IRENE
                      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Working...
                      X