No announcement yet.

"You're morbid!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You remind me a bit like Nicole Kidmen in "The Others" when she saw the post mortem photos. XXD Not meant in a nasty way; anyway, everyone has their opinion and I respect that.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
      You remind me a bit like Nicole Kidmen in "The Others" when she saw the post mortem photos. XXD Not meant in a nasty way; anyway, everyone has their opinion and I respect that.
      Good movie actually
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I took pics of my son post mortem .. It was the only time that I got to hold him or take pictures of him without wires attached. I also had him cremated and he is in a little heart urn on a single shelf in my living room... I have been called morbid, disgusting and a few other things when people have learned of it... now before I invite a friend over for the first time I warn them and if it is a problem they can just not come over.

Comment

People give you guff over having your son's ashes in a funerary urn? Jerks.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
            People give you guff over having your son's ashes in a funerary urn? Jerks.

^-.-^
            To qoute one ex friend... omg you are sick. why would you want your baby out for all to see... it is not something that is suppose to be displayed... it is not like you were really attached to him he wasnt even alive for a month... he never came home so it isnt like you bonded...

and then she saw the pictures that I had linked to from my facebook that even had a BOLD BIG TEXT WARNING... she stopped talking to me then because I was disturbed to hold my dead baby in my arms... yeah...

Oh and I find graveyards comforting.. they will listen and not judge.. lol

Comment

FFS, that attitude is the disgusting thing, not your saving your son's ashes. A lot of people are comforted to have a post mortem photo of their babies; it's hardly as tho they're displaying the taxidermied body of their baby in the living room.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
                Whenever we go to my grandfather's grave in Monson, I always buy a few extra flowers to put on the graves in the back sections that I usually need to clear aside some weeds to find.
                I think that's sweet, actually. A little something to show they're not forgotten.

Am I morbid? Maybe a little. I really like history and, like it or not, death is a big part of history. I'm currently reading In The Wake Of The Plague: The Black Death And The World It Made by Norman F. Cantor and finding it very intersting and informative. Lace's post on Pripyat piqued my interest in abandoned places. Graveyards, particularly older ones with fancy headstones and beautiful statues, can be fascinating. I would have no problem with someone having an urn in their home.

My morbidness only goes so far. I get creeped out by pictures of mummies, bog bodies and post-mortem pics (the ones where it's blatantly obvious that the person is dead, rather than looking like they're sleeping). I don't go for gory horror movies. Does that make me hypocritical? Perhaps, but everybody is about something, at least a little bit.
                Last edited by XCashier; 03-26-2011, 09:35 PM.
                People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

I agree with xCashier....I like some things like cemetaries and stuff but can do without the nasty pics.

Comment

I'm reminded of one time I was staying at a friend's house. They had a futon in their office I was sleeping in. As I was settling in, I noticed a couple of vases on a shelf. "Hey, what's that?" "Grandma and Grandpa. Goodnight!" Yeah, I didn't sleep well on that trip.

Comment

I like graveyards. I always feel... Inspired in them. So many stories.

Good for writing.
                      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                        I'm reminded of one time I was staying at a friend's house. They had a futon in their office I was sleeping in. As I was settling in, I noticed a couple of vases on a shelf. "Hey, what's that?" "Grandma and Grandpa. Goodnight!" Yeah, I didn't sleep well on that trip.
                        See that wouldn't bother me....

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                          See that wouldn't bother me....
                          Nor me. I've never really understood getting squicked by that sort of thing.

Then again, I have no use for funerals at all, though I can at least understand why other people might need them.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Finally got my "Voices Of Chernobyl" book today; I had to order it in specially. For some reason, the only books I could find on the subject are American.

Comment

It would have been different if I had been warned, but, yes, I was extremely disturbed by the thought of having what amounts to two dead bodies (albeit incinerated) in the room I was sleeping in.

Comment

I sat by the grave of Walt Whitman and did some writing yesterday.

My friends think that was very weird. But I figured if anyone knew writing...
                                "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                                ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
                                X