apparently to some people being raped is a sin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
    Which is why no one would suggest that jumping out of an airplane without a parachute is the responsible thing to do.
    Yes? I agree?

But stepping out of the airplane WITH a parachute is responsible.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
      Yes? I agree?

But stepping out of the airplane WITH a parachute is responsible.
      Exactly which according to the person that posted "Avoiding consequences is irresponsible" you should refuse the parachute because avoiding the consequence of jumping from a plane is irresponsible.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
        Part of my issue with birth control is that it's used a lot to remove personal responsibility. And that's stupid.

I can understand that some people use birth control with the (incorrect) idea that it's 100% safe, 100% effective, and even prevents STDs. And then go around acting irresponsibly.

However, the key word in that sentence is some.

Many, many people sit down and study birth control options, discuss them with their doctor, if appropriate they also discuss them with their religious advisor. Then select the one (or more) which they feel most appropriate to their bodies, their lives, and their families. Including any existing or desired children.

The former people need to learn responsibility. That is an issue separate, IMO, from birth control.
        The latter people already have responsibility. Birth control is just a tool they use as part of acting responsibly.

Comment

Jumping from a plane wearing a parachute can be irresponsible as well.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
          X