Prayers Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers Needed

I know this is more of a CS thing, but this isn't exactly a delicate topic, and I know how a lot of you have expressed certain feelings for this guy before, and I know most of you aren't big fans of God, but please bare with me.

I need prayers.

Last night, my boyfriend was involved in a serious car accident. He was driving drunk and he went off the road at high speeds and hit a tree. I just talked to his sister, and she's heard conflicting stories of what went down, but as far as right now, he's in ICU at the hospital and he's unconscious and he needs a breathing tube.

Please guys, pray for him. Or wish good thoughts.

I'm hating myself right now, because I've held so much resentment and anger towards him for refusing to give up partying and hanging out with stupid people and making bad decisions, and just a week ago I told him something bad was going to happen. And it did.

Blas, I'm so sorry that this happened and I hope he's okay.

Comment

Thank you for your kind words. He doesn't have any broken bones, they did one scan of his head and everything appeared ok, but they are going to do some more tests once his BAC goes down. He was well over 2.0.

Comment

2.0! Oh my geez. I hope that this will be a wake-up call of sorts? For both his sake and your sake.

Comment

I'm not even sure. After I go see him at the hospital when he wakes up, I'm probably not going to see him again for a long time. He's going to be charged with felony DUI as soon as he's better.

Comment

First off; Big hugs to you, Blas. From what you mentioned, the main reason he's in the hospital is because of his high BAC, so the fact that he (somehow) managed to avoid serious injury kinda proves that, for lack of a better term, there's a little guardian angel on his shoulder, at least this once.

I, personally, don't think you should feel bad about the fact that you're angry because of his decisions; you chose to forewarn him, he chose to disregard that forewarning, and, well...

Now, being pissed off because he scared the crap out of you, could have gotten killed, and, generally, put his life on the line with enough alcohol to put a horse into a coma? Justified.

I admit, I don't know your BF, and I barely know you, but, for what it's worth, you have my best wishes for both of you.

Comment

This whole situation sucks.

The worst part is, he was bothering me so much that when he went on vacation, I kept wishing he'd just stay there or just go away. Every time he goes out on Charlie Sheen-like benders with his friends, I would wish that he'd get arrested or locked up just to learn a lesson.

Yeah. Look what I get for wishing. I never wanted this to happen to him.

Comment

blas, don't blame yourself or feel guilty. He did this to himself. I sincerely hope for his sake that he's sentenced to some kind of mandatory rehab. Rehab and AA are a big part of how Dad has stayed sober.

Comment

Prayers going out, blas.

Quit blaming yourself.
                  You weren't behind the wheel, and you didn't force booze down his throat.

It's just a blessing that he didn't hit or kill another innocent person.

I hope this is a wakeup call for him, but if it isn't, then I think you have some serious decisions to make where he is concerned.

It sounds like you already know that, though.
                  Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

I'm so sorry, blas! I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Comment

Oh blas, I'm so sorry. I'll be keeping your boyfriend and you both in my thoughts. Please don't blame yourself.

Comment

Thoughts & prayers for you & your BF. Please keep us updated.
                        Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

I hope your BF:

A). has a speedy recovery, and
                          B). takes this for the wake-up call it should be

Comment

Blas, I'll be pulling for him. For your sake.

As others have said, please don't feel guilty.

I'm sure we're all thankful that he got away with just the loss of the car and the felony DUI - things could have gone so much worse.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                              Every time he goes out on Charlie Sheen-like benders with his friends, I would wish that he'd get arrested or locked up just to learn a lesson.
                              You wished for not-so-bad things, because you knowing him better than most people, know what may motivate him to quit.

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                              Yeah. Look what I get for wishing. I never wanted this to happen to him.
                              You feel bad because YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON, I believe you've mentioned he's been in trouble before due to his drinking, a lot of people feel invincible when young and it takes almost dying to wake up to mortality.

You DID NOT CAUSE THIS TO HAPPEN, you tried to prevent it, and in wishing for something not as bad(getting arrested or locked up), you were in fact(though you didn't realize it, the human psyche is very complex), wishing for this exact thing to not happen. You wanted his drinking to stop BEFORE anyone got hurt.

It's your decision and yours alone if you think he will change, and if he's worth waiting for, yeah maybe I don't really know you, but as a fellow wisconsinite, you are in a way my little sister, you've got a good head on your shoulders, and if you need to talk, I'm quite non-judgemental and a great soundingboard(and in this situation, totally objective). I'll pm you my contact info.
                              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
                              X