No announcement yet.

Prayers Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support.

Well, it was an eventful day. When he first woke up, he was still under the influence and was combative and tried to rip out everything connected to him, he even ripped out the breathing tube he had before they had to physically restrain him and sedate him.

I feel so awful for his parents. They are enablers, but that has to be the hardest thing to have to see. I'm so glad I wasn't there.

I tried to call him, but he started arguing with me and yelled at me for not coming to visit him (although I'm more than certain non-family members are not allowed in ICU), so I hung up on him. His sister quietly yelled at him on the phone for getting mad at me, and he promised her he would behave if I came and saw him, but I'm debating that. I really am.

I don't know how they missed it the first time around, but he started complaining of leg pain, so they did another Xray and his leg is broken.

Come to find out, he was still awake after he hit the tree and he attempted to run away, but didn't get very far.

Anyway, he's in surgery right now.

I told myself before that I would never be a jail/prison girlfriend. I told him the last time he went to jail I was not going to tolerate it. His sister even advised me not to wait for him. I don't want to wait, anyway. I may not be a socialite, but I have too much to look forward to to spend 2-3 years waiting for him.

Comment

Felony DUI, Reckless endangerment, (attempted) fleeing the scene of an accident... and based on your comment of 'going to jail again', He's been in trouble with the law before.

All things being equal, 2-3 years is on the 'very optimistic' side of things.

As for how they could miss a broken leg? Alcohol is a rather powerful pain inhibitor, and if the bone didn't slip, the pain would be much akin to having a deep bruise for 5-6 weeks. (My dad broke his leg when an axe slipped; he didn't find out it was broken until 6 months later after it had healed perfectly)

Comment

Jesus, Blas...

I'm so sorry, honey. You know how to get ahold of me if you need me.

I'll be praying for you both.

Comment

I visited him tonight. He's alright. He looks a lot better than other people in the trauma center. He was upgraded to trauma after surgery, at least he's out of ICU.

Comment

ICU was likely due to the BAC-not much they can do for alcohol poisoning except monitor and keep you breathing, and hope for brain damage to not occur.
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this Blas. Sending well wishes to both you and your boyfriend.

Comment

He's been upgraded again, still on the trauma level but he needs less monitoring and doesn't need to be hooked up to so many machines.

Edit to add: And he's very happy he no longer needs a cathyrter (sp?). Lol.
                Last edited by blas87; 04-25-2011, 02:47 AM.

Comment

I visited him again this morning after work. There was talks that if everything goes well this morning, he'll be able to go home later today.

Comment

That's great! I'm happy to hear that he's healing well.

Any news on anything else pertaining to the accident itself? (Don't want to bs a downer, just curious. If you don't want to tell us just smick me, okies? ).
                    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

There's not much to tell about that. That tree has probably seen better days, as has the car. That thing is probably on its way to vehicle heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                        He's been upgraded again, still on the trauma level but he needs less monitoring and doesn't need to be hooked up to so many machines.

Edit to add: And he's very happy he no longer needs a cathyrter (sp?). Lol.
                        I'm guessing they stuck in a foley catheter? Depending on how difficult he was being would probably have decided what guage they used.

Good to hear he's ok, sorry you have to go through all this Blas.
                        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Eek! How could I have missed this??! Sorry, I'm not on FB anymore and this is my first day back on Fratching for a while. I feel like a jerk!

I am glad that bf is feeling better. This is some pretty heavy stuff and I do hope that this will make him think twice about his behavior. I know what it's like to love someone with some pretty fucked up shit going on in their life, and the best you can do is be there for him while it all gets sorted out.

But remember, like eveyone else has said, this is NOT by any means YOUR FAULT!!! What a lucky guy he is to have you, and he damn well better realize that!!

((((mucho hugs)))) from GG

Comment

I'm glad everything seems to be heading in the right direction.

I'm sending lots of hugs and warm thoughts your way.

Comment

I'm praying for both of you. No question.

There's a good chance this will wake him up. I've seen it happen with my daughter's godfather. After his crash and DUI (nobody got hurt, thank God) he went to AA and never took a drink again. He completely turned his life around.

It can happen. I hope that gives you hope.
                              They are never invited to cocktail parties, which is a shame in a way, because I'm pretty sure the world would like them better drunk. -Boozy

Comment

I do have hope, but I also don't. He's made this promise before, and broken it. Although nothing like this has ever happened before, hopefully that counts for something.

Comment

Working...
                                X