The Way I feel about a CS poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    I admit, your fanboys and girls are the reason I only read your post, then immediately click back, but it seems things have never been the same since the farkery incident.
    I can't post a lot of things now, and there are other things I am no longer comfortable with posting because I don't trust CS as a whole anymore.

Originally posted by Ree
    IN GK's case, it was just a couple of thoughtless fanboys who didn't think how their comments could cause problems for GK.
    They literally went over and tried to start an internet fight between them, me and CS. It wasn't just me they outed, they outed the site too as well as enough information to find the exact post in question.

Originally posted by Ree
    I don't think I ever really understood how their inane comments became such a "life and death" situation for GK and the GK persona.
    At the time, my picture was up in the CS album and I walk by those guys every night on my way to work on a brightly lit street. Luckily, they're easy going and didn't take any offense to the comments nor start any shit with CS. Which they easily could have done. Thanks to that though, the GK persona as it were, is dead in the water. I can't link it to anything else online. Otherwise you could piece together a name, face and location.

For the record, neither of the two dipshits that did it ever really apologized either. They both made half assed excuses to Raps and that was about it. I got an excuse PM from one of them that didn't take any responsibility at all and the other never said a word to me.
    Last edited by Gravekeeper; 03-18-2012, 06:53 AM.

Comment

OK...thanks for clearing that up GK. Like I say, I only understood a little of what had happened at that time, but I knew you were really upset by it.
      I wasn't aware that the site photo album was still active when that happened.
      Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      For the record, neither of the two dipshits that did it ever really apologized either. They both made half assed excuses to Raps and that was about it. I got an excuse PM from one of them that didn't take any responsibility at all and the other never said a word to me.
      That's just not right.

I'm pretty sure I PM'ed both of them and told them they needed to take responsibility for being so stupid because I knew you were pretty upset.

That's probably why you got that message from one of them. I suspect what you took as a lame PM was his way of apologizing to you.
      If I remember correctly, the other one never even responded to my PM, so it doesn't surprise me that you never got an apology.

Like I've said before, it's pretty bad when the people who come to vent about sucky customers end up being sucky customers.
      Last edited by Ree; 03-18-2012, 07:16 AM.
      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
        OK...thanks for clearing that up GK. Like I say, I only understood a little of what had happened at that time, but I knew you were really upset by it.
        I wasn't aware that the site photo album was still active when that happened.
        That's just not right.
        I believe the incident was the entire reason the photo album was taken down actually. I remember Raps was having some trouble getting a hold of the guy that manages it so elected to take it down for the time being.

That's probably why you got that message from one of them. I suspect what you took as a lame PM was his way of apologizing to you.
        If I remember correctly, the other one never even responded to my PM, so it doesn't surprise me that you never got an apology.
        Probably. It had a very "Doing this because I have too" tone too it and just made excuses rather then really own up to anything. The other guy's excuse to Raps, as I recall, was that he was on cold medication at the time. =p

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
          The other guy's excuse to Raps, as I recall, was that he was on cold medication at the time.
          Must have been some powerful stuff.
          Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

It's very unfortunate. We are all on the same team. Or, supposed to be.

At the last forum I frequented before CS, someone found out where I live and the restaurant I worked at that I trash talked so much. It didn't mean a lot to me about the restaurant, because I'd quit for a couple of months since then, but to know that someone knew where I lived, and I swore I'd done a decent job at being vague about what type of place it was (even called it a truck stop, it's really not) and since it didn't have any like notorious or special food, it shouldn't have been able to pinpoint so easily. But it was.\

Comment

This sends a bit of a chill down my spine.

I have never flat out said where I work, but I have given a few minor, seemingly vague, details. I've also given a general idea of where I live (not specific, just the general area).

I don't think my work would care that I post here. I've never really badmouthed them here. Still, the thought that someone could possibly put two and two together and figure me out is a little eerie.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                Still, the thought that someone could possibly put two and two together and figure me out is a little eerie.
                I worry about that all the time.

It's one of the reasons I really don't post as much on the main board.

I don't have a lot of direct contact with the customers any more, so my stories are more complaints about co-workers or management.

It wouldn't bother me so much to have them find my vents about customers, as I am not really all that forthcoming about the name of my employer.
                It would be awkward, though, to have my co-workers and managers read how I really feel about them.
                Point to Ponder:

Comment

I worry about that all the time.

It's one of the reasons I really don't post as much on the main board.
                  This.

I say a few general things, but I'm quite glad for the mod-only area that's private where I can vent at will.

My managers would likely be moderately cool about some of the minor fuckery I've posted in the CS area, but I don't post the really awful stuff anymore.

Comment

It would be awkward, though, to have my co-workers and managers read how I really feel about them.
                    One of the reason I don't post about anything on facebook, 99% of my contacts list are co workers.
                    Best I go for is sending a text to my brother, a mate oop norf and captain dickhead saying "I've had a shit day, almost quit and could quite happily kill someone at work." I don't want to get into details further than that, or I would text them more, but later in the week in the pub or that day on the phone dickhead would ask me to elaborate and I am still pissed that talking about it makes me want to quit even more.

I'm in the pub getting drunk to take my mind off of whatever issue pissed me off at work, not have some fucktard press the issue, he is a bit oblivious to the fact that I have a glass bottle, a foul mood and occasional anger management issues, how come these factors havn't equaled me hospitalising him I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                      "I've had a shit day, almost quit and could quite happily kill someone at work." I don't want to get into details further than that, or I would text them more, but later in the week in the pub or that day on the phone dickhead would ask me to elaborate and I am still pissed that talking about it makes me want to quit even more.

I'm in the pub getting drunk to take my mind off of whatever issue pissed me off at work, not have some fucktard press the issue, he is a bit oblivious to the fact that I have a glass bottle, a foul mood and occasional anger management issues, how come these factors havn't equaled me hospitalising him I do not know.
                      Um two things:

1, if captain dickhead is a coworker, saying you would like to kill someone at work is NOT a good idea(in the US it could easily be a threat and get you fired/incarcerated)

2, some people send vague texts to get people to engage them and draw out information, and since the example you gave doesn't include "I don't want to talk about it right now" you're expecting mind reading, and getting mad at them for being concerned and trying to help you deal with things.

If you sent me a text like that, I would likely respond with "what's up?" out of concern, and to find out if I could help in any manner, even just by being a sounding board, or letting you know I cared enough to want to know what got you upset. To me not responding to a text like that is the equivalent of saying "who gives a damn, I don't care about your problems" If you got mad at me for it I would have zero clue as to why, especially if you never said "I really don't want to talk about it"

If I text my friends that I'm having a horrible day, I'm asking them to engage me in conversation to get feedback on the situation I'm in, or to let me vent to them*, if I just want to be left alone, I don't get mad I just say "having a bad day" if they ask, I don't expect mind reading to know to leave me alone, I actually tell them I don't want to talk about it, not just assume they should know, and get mad when they don't.

*being deliberately vague allows them to ask questions if they have time to talk, if they don't respond, I know they may be busy, or may just not care.
                      Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 03-25-2012, 04:31 AM.
                      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Re reading my example, yeah it does sound like an opener doesn't it.
                        I don't recall the exact wording of a real text sent as it has been a while since I've had a day bad enough to keep me indoors on my night off cos I am still fuming and might flip without warning (to me as well as everyone else).

Perhaps if I do send 'bitch post's' like my example, I might have replied with 'I really don't want to talk about it.'

He was for a time around 2007 a co worker, but I've unfortunatly known him since 2004/05.

Comment

Working...
                        X