No announcement yet.

Super (stupid?) Tuesday aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinton was a one term governor before he ran for president.
    Lincoln was a freshman Senator before he threw his hat into the ring.

Mileage is important, but so is just overall common sense and ability to delegate well and to appropriate people.

Raps, how do you vote with boobs? I'd have a hard time getting mine to hold a pencil to mark in my choices
    (yay mail in ballots)

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
      Anyway, I don't have any respect for Hillary. I think she's still tainted from her husband's various "Zippergate" scandals. Also, I think she's rather stuffy. As for Obama, I don't think he has enough experience.
      Just a couple musings:

I've just been dieing to ask this question and now I'm finally going to ask it. How does Bill Clinton having sex in the oval office make him a bad president? That's a personal issue, not a national issue. He still kicked ass as a president. One of the best we've had in a long time. And how does that affect Hillary's ability to run the country?

As for Obama not having experience, Bush had plenty of experience and still managed to suck. A lot of other politicians suck despite being politicians for God knows how many years. At this point, not having tons of experience could be a good thing.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Bush had no experience at all. He was a 1 term Governor, a draft dodger, and ran a company that his father gave him into the ground.
        He's a ne'erdowell Of the highest magnitude.

Clinton's sexual stuff in the White House didn't even come close to a lot of other president's misdeeds. LDR got busy a lot, Johnson was all over the place. JFK was legendary in his conquests.
        The difference this time around was 24 hour media who like to obsess about stupid shit. It didn't help that we were having a period of peace and prosperity, either, so there really wasn't anything else to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
          Raps, how do you vote with boobs?
          For, young lady. I'd vote for.

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
            For, young lady. I'd vote for.

Rapscallion
            Boobs ftw!
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
              I've just been dieing to ask this question and now I'm finally going to ask it. How does Bill Clinton having sex in the oval office make him a bad president?
              Uh, where did I say he was a bad president? What I was hinting at, is some people might not vote for her simply because she tolerated her husband's misdeeds.

Comment

You didn't, but there are a lot of people who point to that as a reason to why he was apparently a bad president, although I'd consider him to be the best one we've had in probably 30 years or more.
                Some of that is he lucked out and got to preside over a period of peace and prosperity, but he didn't fuck it up, either.

Comment

The only things I can really fault him for...was the Balanced Budget Act and not going after bin Laden after our African embassies were blown up. The BBA, in theory wasn't a bad idea. However, it did cause some hospitals to run into problems--many of them got government subsidies, and once those were discontinued, they suddenly found themselves in the red, and having to cut costs from 1998-99.

As for bin Laden, he should have been hunted down after the embassies were destroyed. IIRC, bin Laden got upset over the US sending troops into Somalia to help stop the violence...and retaliated by sending truck bombs to the embassies. Maybe it would have prevented 9/11, maybe it wouldn't.

Comment

I'm sure he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He probably would have been trashed all over the place by Gingrich and his crew for going after a perceived non-existent threat if he had. He was already getting accused of wagging the dog going after terrorist targets in Sudan and Afghanistan while Star and his scum were twittering over fingering in the Oval Office

Why is it that the people who say that they're all for protecting family values and conservative principles are the ones who savor and obsess over the most salacious acts? Honestly, discussing cum stains on a dress in fucking Congress? It still makes me angry.

Comment

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
                      Why is it that the people who say that they're all for protecting family values and conservative principles are the ones who savor and obsess over the most salacious acts?
                      Do a search sometime and see just how many self-professed "Christian conservatives" (and I use those terms VERY loosely) have been busted for offenses including:

- pedophilia
                      - adultery
                      - divorce (some multiple times)
                      - drunken driving
                      - animal abuse
                      - financial fraud

Then do a search and see how many "godless liberals" were busted for the same things.

The results are VERY enlightening.

Family values, my fat fucking ass. *spits*
                      ~ The American way is to barge in with a bunch of weapons, kill indiscriminately, and satisfy the pure blood lust for revenge. All in the name of Freedom, Apple Pie, and Jesus. - AdminAssistant ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst Hunter View Post
                        Family values, my fat fucking ass. *spits*
                        They've been using lines like that for over 150 years now. No reason for them to stop telling lies now.

And Protege, I didn't mean for it to sound like you were saying he was a bad president, it's just a lot of people do and I figured this was a decent place to ask, especially since his incident was brought up.

Comment

How does Bill Clinton having sex in the oval office make him a bad president?
                          It's not that he had sex, it's that he either outright lied or dodged the question. "I did not have sex with that woman" is the quote I kept hearing during that media circus. Honesty and integrity are desirable values.

That said, whether Clinton did or did not have consensual sex with an adult who was quite capable of saying no is a trivial thing to lie about. I'm very slightly miffed about a lie of that scale, and considering the conservative attitudes of large parts of his populace, it's an understandable lie/dodging of the truth.

By comparison, the now-so-tangled-you-can't-sort-it-out untruths, outright lies, dodging of truths, spinning of truths around 9/11, Bin Laden, and Hussein vastly, vastly overshadow Clinton's 'misbehaviour'. At least to me.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why getting a blow job would ever even come up in a congressional hearing under oath. That whole thing was an absolute witch hunt.

Comment

And Protege, I didn't mean for it to sound like you were saying he was a bad president, it's just a lot of people do and I figured this was a decent place to ask, especially since his incident was brought up.
                              Eh, it's all good. Sometimes, things don't carry well in print

He was already getting accused of wagging the dog going after terrorist targets in Sudan and Afghanistan while Star and his scum were twittering over fingering in the Oval Office

I still find it amusing that Wag the Dog came out right about that time. But seriously, I think the reason people went after Clinton over his misdeeds...was because it wasn't the first time, and he'd lied under oath about it. But, what's odd about that entire thing, was that Lewinsky saved a stained dress. Now why would she do that?

And before we say Bush lied, consider this--Saddam was being shifty about any weapons he may or may not have had. I don't know about you, but many times, people with something to hide act like that. With that said, Bush probably thought he had WMDs, and acted accordingly. However, we can't blame him alone for that--Congress had to give him the authority for the war...so if they didn't check the facts, some of the blame rests there too.

As for 9/11, IIRC, there were reports that "something big" was going to happen as early as the late 1990s. However, those rumors were largely quashed since they were thought "impossible." America simply got blinded by our own complacency...just like in 1941.

Comment

If I recall correctly, he was letting the inspectors go in everywhere. Bush did not let the inspectors finish. He decided to go off bad data from M1 instead. I guess it was sexier than doing things right the first time.

As for Clinton and his affairs, well, lots of presidents had multiple misdeeds. I think it was just enough of an opportunity for right wing nuts to seize on it and try and bring him down.

Comment

Working...
                                X