No announcement yet.

Super (stupid?) Tuesday aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, wtf is up with Huckabee wanting to base everything the government does on God's word? Church and State stays seperate damnit. Down with Huckabee!
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I wonder what God's word says about covering up your nephew's animal abuse charges, Governor Huckabee?

Comment

Wasn't it his son who had the problem with hanging dogs?

Comment

I voted in Super Tuesday and I'm proud to say that the candidate I voted for won my state--Hillary Clinton.

I just honestly don't trust Barrack Obama. There's something too slick about him for my taste. From the moment he threw his hat into the ring last year I tried to figure out what was behind him, what was in his head---sadly I found nothing. I appreciate the big influence he's had on people to come out and vote, but I still find him lacking.

In most issues, both he and Clinton are identical in their stance. I have this niggling feeling that Obama is hiding large parts of his past. Like most politicians, he has made his personal income tax statements available, but is adamant in not releasing any tax information of any LLC, law partnership, business, investment ventures, or non-profits for which he held significant fiduciary responsibility. He has said that it's "not relevant." In the next breath he attacks Clinton for being on the board of Walmart, her Rose Water Law Firm associations, and for her early non-profit work and how she financially profitted from it (she didn't. She never did).

I'm not here to change anyone's mind about voting for Clinton or Obama, but I'm tired of his rhetoric. I'm tired of the word "change." I'm tired of him.

I tell people to not listen to the candidates, but READ about them. I want people to read about Obama's history and find the gaps. I want people to see that he and Hillary have identical ideas, but Clinton has a long history of getting things done. I want people to educate themselves instead of just going to rally's and listening to the guy with the cool lights & music.

Comment

Originally posted by Melxb View Post
            I just honestly don't trust Barrack Obama.
            Me neither.

I can't help but think he's the George W. Bush of the Democrats. Image over substance. His buzzword is "hope" whereas Dubya's was "terrorism", but neither have much experience or knowledge.

Its hard for me to say, because I agree with many of Obama's policies and despise those of Bush.

Comment

Everyone who says there's no information out there on the substance behind Obama's charisma/ what's in his head HAS read the TWO books he published (one of which, "The Politics of Hope," has been described as a presidential manifesto) and his Blueprint for Change (I think 210 pages?) available free from Barack Obama dot com, right?

I mean, since you tried so HARD to figure out what's behind him, I'm sure you would have read those readily available materials....

Give me the choice between a political novice with 25 years of LIFE experience creating change, who did a job (community organizer) for $13,000 a year that I lasted only three months at when I tried it- he only left because he was accepted to Harvard Law School- and an experienced wheeler and dealer who uses race, gender, and tears unabashedly to garner support, and I'll take the novice, no matter how much Hillary cries on TV and touts her experience.

To be honest, I think she'd be a fine president. But she's simply unlikeable. She would bring the conservatives out of the woodwork to oppose her in droves, where Barack Obama would bring independents and moderates out to SUPPORT him in droves.

Comment

Originally posted by Saydrah View Post
                Everyone who says there's no information out there on the substance behind Obama's charisma/ what's in his head HAS read the TWO books he published (one of which, "The Politics of Hope," has been described as a presidential manifesto) and his Blueprint for Change (I think 210 pages?) available free from Barack Obama dot com, right?

I mean, since you tried so HARD to figure out what's behind him, I'm sure you would have read those readily available materials....
                I really hope you weren't trying to be insulting, but I think you were. I have read the Blueprint for Change. I have not read his books, but I don't wish to. I will not change my mind that there are huge gaps of his life that we don't know about. Oh, you know, like his financial history and the history he has with Rezko.

I have stated before and I will state again, I am not trying to change anyone's mind. I have hit a sore point with you, and I'm glad I did. Fine. I welcome you to vote for him and I am glad that you will be.

I still don't trust him. Period.

Comment

It just never ceases to amuse me that the major criticisms offered of his "lack of substance" come consistently from people who haven't made much effort to get to know him as a candidate.

Personally, I don't look for trust in a candidate. I look for trust in a friendship. I look for suitability for public office and agreement with my ideals in a candidate. We already had the "Guy I'd like to have coffee with" president in Bush. Obama- he'd probably drive you nuts with idealism as a friend, but as President, he could get things done.

The "too smooth" criticism annoys me too- so you criticize a candidate for being too GOOD at public speaking? Thank God we have a candidate who can speak in front of a crowd- after Bush's malapropisms and inability to deliver coherent speeches, we so desperately need a skilled speaker to restore our image in the world.

However, the fact is, all the criticism I hear of Obama from Democrats is ad hominem, not about the issues. The Republicans do criticize both candidates on the issues (and lob just as many ad hominems at Hillary) but Democrats seem only able to object to Obama on a personal, rather than political, level.

Comment

I'm happy I amuse you. Really, go ahead and laugh. I am very comfortable in the political choices I've made.

You don't look for trust in a candidate, but you like that he's a good speaker? Um, ok.

Politics is, at the end of the day, all about gut feeling. Aside from the rhetoric and speeches public appearances, it's all about who you essentially trust to do a good job representing and running your country. I.DON'T.TRUST.HIM. This is something you will not get me to do unless something drastic happens with him and his campaign.

Like I said, I don't want to change your mind. I cannot change your mind and you cannot change my mind.

Comment

Yeah, but this is Fratching. We're here to argue, right? So I'm arguing.

Comment

I know, I know. I think I just get politically too heated. Politics is waaaaay personal for me and I hardly ever talk about it. I keep it all bottled up inside. I do vote every chance I get. I even vote for the little School District Board elections and Water Board Elections and local bonds.

I really hope we do agree on one thing though---we really need a Democratic in office, desperately. It pains me to see what the current president has done with our country. It really, really pains me.

Comment

Well then we agree on two things! I love voting, too. The whole process excites me, even little elections.

Does your state have the caucus system? Mine does, and I love it. It's a total party with a bunch of Democrats talking about issues, getting rowdy, selecting delegates, introducing resolutions... so much better than just elections, but I love those too.

And yes, we DESPERATELY need a Democrat, and I will happily support whichever one is nominated; I just wholeheartedly stand behind Barack Obama and believe he will be President of the United States. I would support Hillary happily as well, as I actually do agree with her on most things- it just bothers me that she is such a divisive figure and really unites people against her.

Comment

No, I'm in California. We don't have caucuses, but I am curious about them. They sound neat.

I'll vote for Obama, should he get the ticket. Right now, it's a war of attrition between Clinton and Obama. This won't be decided until the Democratic convention. I can't wait until then!

I would love to see a Clinton/Obama ticket, but I don't think that will happen. I think both candidates have too much ego to play Vice-President to the other.

Comment

MUHAHAHA The DNC is in my state, I get to go! I'm so excited. I wanted to be a delegate, but I can't because I don't live in the same precinct I vote in (I plan on moving again frequently so I'm not changing addresses officially until I settle down- so I just use the parents' address for voting, mail, etc).

Comment

I am officially jelous! I love being part of the political process. I was at Hollywood & Highland for the Democratic debate before Super Tuesday. It was really fun! I was campaigning for Clinton and I was happy to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X