Ron Paul uncovered as a white supremicist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panacea View Post

The local conservatives I know are convinced that Obama will be defeated in November, and that the GOP will take control of the Senate as well. They practically consider the election locked in; their primary concern is that Romney would just be another Obama.

I don't get it.

What I have been saying since summer of '08 is this: if the economy is better in 2012, Obama will win. If it is not, he will lose.

I haven't changed my opinion.
    Ever since Inauguration Day 2009, many of them have had fantasies of a modern day Ronald Reagan coming along in 2012 and defeating Obama in a landslide a la 1980 or 1984.. While that could possibly happen, they're still really underestimating Obama.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the guy, he's the incumbent, and as any high school government teacher will tell you, incumbents almost always have an advantage in elections. It's true that a good portion of the "Obamania" of 2008 and 2009 has dwindled down, but he's still the incumbent.

If we look back at previous incumbent presidents who've been defeated, we'll see that he was usually wildly unpopular or was up against a really good campaigner or some combination of those two things.

Take 1980, for example. Jimmy Carter had become unpopular for a number of reasons AND he was up against a really good campaigner (Reagan).

In 1992, George H.W. Bush's ratings had gone down because of the early 90s recession. Plus, Clinton was a pretty good campaigner, too.

Comment

"Read my lips" seems to have had something to do with it also.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Just have to add this thought..

Living in Texas' 14th congressional district, I have come to the conclusion that the only reason Ron Paul keeps getting re-elected is that the majority of the locals are voting for the name they most recognise(the roadways here are at times spammed with both regular and permanent Ron Paul signage), and a thought process amoung the voters (those that turn out at least) that amounts to the following checklist.
        • He white? Yes
        • "Conservative" (whatever the hell that means)? Yep in fact so yep it's painful
        • (At least in Brazoria County) Is he tied to them Michigan yankees that flooded the county back in (forget, wasn't here for that)? Nope

the the above check list and those answers I'm convinced that you could elect a talking manure heap in this district... Wait

Let's see, most of this district is farmland and ranches but he votes against any form of subsidy, with nearly 700 miles of coastline (probably 1/3 of the texas gulf coast) he opposes federal funded flood insurance, and this is on top of his failures to support a number of efforts that would have brought in projects that would boost the local economy. the man has done nothing positive for this district.

anyway to address the whole white supremecist thing, it would not and does not surpise me, the town I live in used to adhere to the old "...Don't let the sun set on you.." rule (for those that don't know, this means that all blacks and hispanics were expected to be out of town by sundown, except for work purpose and even then a person better vouch for ya) and I'm absolutely sure there are many here who'd like to see those days return.
        so to me at least it is in no way a surprise to see one of our local congress creatures associating with white supremecists. sounds par for the course for an area where local idiot white boys will openly admit to wearing a University of North Carolina (UNC) hat or shirt because To them it's "Universal N*^$# Control" !! and yes it was more than one poster boy for birth control that said this to me.

Comment

So... What is the defense of Ron Paul here?

'Cause I really wanna know. Either he's a racist bastard, or not good enough at managing to keep a six person office from righting racist shit in his newsletter.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
            Ever since Inauguration Day 2009, many of them have had fantasies of a modern day Ronald Reagan coming along in 2012 and defeating Obama in a landslide a la 1980 or 1984.. While that could possibly happen, they're still really underestimating Obama.
            A real Ronald Reagan or the fantasy Ronald Reagan?

The fantasy one "Never raised taxes and he lowered them"

The real one realized lowering taxes didn't work after he did it and ended up raising taxes 8 times before leaving office.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Working...
            X