The Fox Top 10 For The First GOP Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    Yeah, thats kind of the thing. It was 100% for his own personal gain for a possible presidential bid and contrary to the will of his constituents because fuck them, he's gonna run for president, why would he need Jersey anymore?
    I said my area. I didn't say my state. Do you think the people in Toronto are up to date on farming as compared to people who live in the farmland an hour outside of it?

Seriously? His deputy chief of staff, political appointees and one of his childhood friends all spontaneously put together a conspiracy to retaliate against a mayor that did not endorse Christie? Then he was "cleared" by a firm that's one of his political donors who did not conduct any of its witness interviews under oath, did not record any of them and did not even transcribe any of them? But didn't reveal this till threatened with subpoena?

If you actually buy that, I would like to sell you the bridge in question.
    I do not doubt his friends and the people working for him retaliated to get at his enemies. There's no debate about that. But unless you can prove CHRISTIE did it himself, I don't care what staffers did if he didn't have knowledge of it before it happened. I don't always blame people for stuff the people under them.

No, he said they were the single most destructive force in public education and needed to be punched in the face for, basically, endorsing Hillary. If you actually believe the line:

About the second largest teacher's union in the country ( cus teaching is such a cushy, overpaid and lavish profession that people are lining up for ) then I am delighted to inform you the bridge in question is now on sale for 50% off.
    After the Republicans in Texas trying to rewrite history, I think the teacher's unions are huge threat to education. Where else can you get that kind of job security where after three years, you can't get fired? (Regardless of if you do a God awful job year after year) I've had so many crappy teachers over time who were just mailing it in waiting for retirement instead of actually trying to do their damn jobs. They are raising the next generation, possibly the most important job, and they are allowed to have this attitude because they've done their job for a minimum of three years? Get out of here. Their pay might be crap, but the perks are outrageous.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Those of you attempting any drinking games for the debate, try not to get alcohol poisoning, k?

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster91 View Post
        Those of you attempting any drinking games for the debate, try not to get alcohol poisoning, k?
        Some of the pundit based news sites have warnings about taking it easy with the debate drinking games.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          I said my area. I didn't say my state. Do you think the people in Toronto are up to date on farming as compared to people who live in the farmland an hour outside of it?
          You might be surprised. But, well, then, Toronto.

I do not doubt his friends and the people working for him retaliated to get at his enemies. There's no debate about that. But unless you can prove CHRISTIE did it himself, I don't care what staffers did if he didn't have knowledge of it before it happened. I don't always blame people for stuff the people under them.
          Bridge is now 75% off, buy now~

After the Republicans in Texas trying to rewrite history, I think the teacher's unions are huge threat to education.
          Christie was specifically referring to one teacher's union in particular and its a national level organization. It doesn't matter what some twats in Texas are doing and for the record the twats in Texas trying to do that were not teachers. We had an entire thread about this already. The state board of education has been at odds with actual teachers over its bullshit for years in Texas.

So your personal anecdote doesn't matter here. -.-

Comment

Megyn Kelly is actually going after Rubio for possibly supporting an exception for incest/rape in abortion bans and Trump just invoked Reagan.

This is awe inspiring.

Comment

I do not doubt his friends and the people working for him retaliated to get at his enemies. There's no debate about that. But unless you can prove CHRISTIE did it himself, I don't care what staffers did if he didn't have knowledge of it before it happened. I don't always blame people for stuff the people under them..
              You know, it occurs to me that even if he is innocent as a spring lamb, if he had that many people that highly placed doing this in support of him, that should probably disqualify him for the presidency. His supporters and cronies are showing a tremendous lack of discipline and character. If he really hadn't the slightest idea, well, someone that dumb probably shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the White House just on general principles.

"I'm a complete idiot surrounded by people of poor moral standards and I'm not even aware of it" is not exactly the most robust of mitigating circumstances. It's true that you should never attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity, but I don't want stupidity in a President, either.

Comment

Ah yes, the Overzealous Staffer(tm) defense.

Comment

Reading over coverage of yesterday's debate, I'm frankly baffled that Trump was, and still IS, considered the front runner. Can someone explain to me how he's taken seriously as a politician? As a Canadian with wildly liberal leanings, it's like speaking a different language - I simply cannot grasp the fact that he's in the race, never mind in the lead!

Comment

Remember the season of American Idol that had the guy who couldn't sing? He got really far into the season because people kept voting for him as a joke and to see what would happen. The non cynical part of me is really really hoping that Trump's support is along those lines rather than actually believing in him. People just want to see what will happen. The cynical part of me could see people doing something like that because they don't take any of this seriously enough.

Comment

No, the guy who couldn't sing on AI was kept around by the producers (seriously, audience votes are meaningless) because he got them ratings.

Trump is around because, compared to the rest of the field, he's a reasonable choice.

At this point, it's more about name recognition than anything else, anyway, and almost nobody can beat Trump for name recognition in the US.
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The guy who continuously loses money in almost every venture he engages in, has alienated women and everyone who isn't white, and flip flops on serious key positions because it's advantageous to his business... He's considered the reasonable choice?

Christ on sale, what will happen to your country if the Republicans win this election?

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                          No, the guy who couldn't sing on AI was kept around by the producers (seriously, audience votes are meaningless) because he got them ratings.

Trump is around because, compared to the rest of the field, he's a reasonable choice.

At this point, it's more about name recognition than anything else, anyway, and almost nobody can beat Trump for name recognition in the US.
                          Well that's disappointing and lowers my faith in humanity a little further. One of my coworkers said he respected how Trump spoke his mind and didn't take crap. Considering his mind is mentally ill and the crap he doesn't take is common sense and logic, I don't think that counts as good really.

Comment

There's a difference between not succumbing to the overly politically correct nonsense and being a racist, sexist, classist maroon. I think we can all agree Trump is the latter.

Comment

I didn't see the debate, since I had to work. But I've read the highlights and it seems like the same old story from the GOP. Hemming and hawing about what they're not going to do and making pledges to defund this and repeal that. So, as usual, not even any attempt to talk about what they will do that could be remotely productive to the economy or the people.

Comment

Note: The official Fox transcript is apparently missing at least one whole exchange between candidates, and the clips they've released don't cover the entire event.

Comment

Working...
                                X