No announcement yet.

The Fox Top 10 For The First GOP Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they at least keep Huckabee's "The army is for killing people and breaking things" tirade? -.-

Comment

I believe so, it's already been immortalized on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        Did they at least keep Huckabee's "The army is for killing people and breaking things" tirade? -.-
        See, if Huckabee used that line as a lead-in to say that's why we need to cut military funding, I could actually understand him a little better. But no, that was his explanation for why we need the army and why we need to keep transgendered people out...

Yo, Pastor Huckabee. Might want to reread your Commandments. I'm pretty sure there's some word there about not killing... and I'm also pretty sure that your God doesn't look too kindly to people who demand that others to break Commandments.

Edit: For all of this, I hope that some religious people are starting to see how little Huckabee actually cares for his religion. It was a way to get him paid in the past, it's a way to get him votes now... but he's not at all devout in any sense of the word, and never has been. Religion is just a tool he uses to get other people to give him things.
        Last edited by Nekojin; 08-08-2015, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Conveniently, "thou shalt not kill" is not applicable in wartime. It is biblically acceptable to kill if you are commanded into battle. Which isn't to say Huck was right in what he said. He was making the point that the military doesn't have need of them thar queers, even if they're willing to fight and die for their country. Because he has such a stereotypical view of the LGBT community he thinks an entire combat unit would break down into slap-fighting and showtunes on the battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
            Religion is just a tool he uses to get other people to give him things.
            His answer to the God question was such shameless pandering it wasn't even funny. Though he didn't really answer the question. Which was a running theme all night for all of the candidates.

It was almost comical how many dodges and non-answers they all gave. Nevermind how near every answer was turned into ridiculous patriotic pandering and/or a slam against Obama or Washington. I especially like how they all pretend Washington is a separate thing that has nothing to do with them like none of them have ever been there or worked there.

And then there was the second debate. The GOP Loser debate with the other candidates that weren't picked for the main debate. 2 hours long with an audience of like 18 people. It was amazingly sad. >.>

Comment

Apparently one of the things that isn't there is a section between Kelly and Bush pertaining to Planned Parenthood.

There's a couple articles about it; here's one at DailyKos
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

And the actual commandment is not to commit murder, by the way. I never understand why churches choose to put 'kill' instead of 'murder' because there's a difference between the two. (Self-defense, wartime as stated above, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
                  And the actual commandment is not to commit murder, by the way. I never understand why churches choose to put 'kill' instead of 'murder' because there's a difference between the two. (Self-defense, wartime as stated above, etc)
                  Early mistranslations, and then kept it in because, honestly, it's better to avoid killing altogether if you can, you know?
                  I has a blog!

Comment

Don't forget that Christie also seems to be under the opinion that Kansas has a brilliant economic system... >_>

I can't believe anyone who is even vaguely informed could consider him a rational choice.
                    Whether he's a rational choice depends on the other options, and, well...

It's true that you should never attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity, but I don't want stupidity in a President, either.
                    No, we had enough of that at the beginning of this century.
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster91 View Post
                      How anyone takes Trump seriously I really will never understand. If he fell into a volcano I really wouldn't shed a tear.
                      I would. That poor, innocent volcano doesn't deserve to have to choke down Tribble-head.
                      People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                      If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

And what do I see on some debate thing on FB? TONS of comments going "Trump for President!!!!"

Why??? Do any of them know what's REALLY going on?

Comment

I looked at the calendar, saw that the Republican National Convention is in late July. Almost exactly a year away.

... we have to endure an entire year of this three-ring circus? =O_o=

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
                            I looked at the calendar, saw that the Republican National Convention is in late July. Almost exactly a year away.

... we have to endure an entire year of this three-ring circus? =O_o=
                            To paraphrase Pinky and the Brain:

"So what are we gonna do this election cycle Brain?????

"The same thing we do every election Pinky ....... TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!"

Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-10-2015, 06:00 AM.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
                              And what do I see on some debate thing on FB? TONS of comments going "Trump for President!!!!"

Why??? Do any of them know what's REALLY going on?
                              They like him for his "honesty" from what I understand. It's scary that he's even considered the frontrunner for the GOP right now. Look, I understand the GOP field, while large, doesn't have much to offer, but really? We want Trump anywhere near the presidency? I know I don't! The very thought of it scares me to my core!

Comment

And yet... the thought of most of the rest of the GoP field is even scarier than Trump... o.O
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X