Overplayed songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
    "Whistle" (Flo Rida): I have also heard that WAY too much. The first time I heard it, it took me a full verse and chorus before I realised exactly what that song was about
    I think that face sums up quite well what the song is about.

Comment

I don't even know the songs you are all mentioning as being overplayed Boy do I feel old

To me overplayed is Stairway to Heaven and Sweet Home Alabama.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

There is a station that I listen to that "plays everything" but there seem to be some repeats there. If I'm going on any sort of distance trip, it's my iPod (I wont say how many songs are on it but there are plenty).

Comment

Aside from most of the songs listed, I have songs I never want to hear again, from the mid-late 90s.

Flagpole Sitta: Thankfully the local stations agree. While the rest of the US was still in the dark about Harvey Danger, thanks to their drummer (at the time) and local radio personality, by the time many had heard the song outside the Seattle area, it was past the stage we'd now call a forced meme.

California Love: Tupac is one of the handful of early 90s rappers I can stand. This song however sounds like it was just your average Death Row Cali shout out.

Arms Wide Open: in fact anything by Creed. If I wanted to listen to Pearl Jam, I'd listen to Pearl Jam, in fact extend this to Nickleback.

And finally Song no.2: Blur is as punk as it's britpop rival Oasis.

Comment

My song choices change every time we have threads similar to this, and as time goes on. What irritates the poo out of me is the fact that most radio stations here who play popular music....seem to pick the same 10 songs or so, and they ONLY play them over and over and over and over and over all damn day.

You can hear "Call Me Maybe" five times in two hours, then the local DJ goes home for the day so they put on the Ryan Seacrest show or whatever, and then that same fucking song is on AGAIN.

Comment

"Call Me Maybe" *shudder*

Didn't mind it at first, but there is a such thing as too cutesy. (her autotuned voice doesn't help).

Comment

Fuck autotune.

There's some really decent songs out there that are just destroyed by autotune.

Not sure if it's 'cause the singers are crap or if the labels figure it's cheaper to do a crappy take and then tun it rather than get a good take in the can. >_>

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                  Fuck autotune.
                  h

If you mean that damn talk like a robot crap then yeah.

If you mean using it for its intended use, which is to smooth slight pitch problems (usually the vocalist being just up or down a little then no.

It's a tool like multi-track recording and mixing, and as a tool it has its uses, which are rarely utilized well.

The real problem isn't autotune, its all these damn half-spoken songs and whispered songs.

Comment

When Seether: "Remedy" came out the local rock/metal station played it like mad. I wanted to shoot it. I liked the song, but now...RARE times I can manage to listen to it without going mad.
                    "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                      Fuck autotune.
                      Great song about autotune. Of course, then he went on to do an album with Kanye West, but...the sentiment is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                        I don't even know the songs you are all mentioning as being overplayed Boy do I feel old

Thank you! I thought I was the only one.

I had to quit listening to our local classic rock station (Rock92) b/c of those two songs were constantly being played to the tune of at least twice a day.

Come to think of it, I pretty much stopped listening to local radio stations about 5 or so years ago. Too little variety now since our then only oldies station changed over to new country (seriously? We already have 3 channels of new country on the dial now and we needed another one? I'd rather have a hole in my head.)

I usually just upload music to my iPhone and listen to what I want to, when I want to.
                        If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                          Ugh. I don't mind Stairway, since it's not played all that much locally. But, Sweet Home Alabama...needs to go back there, and *stay* there. That song is played on every station, at every sporting event, and in every Wal-Mart store. I don't mind a little Skynyrd now and then. But seriously, play another song!

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                            Ugh. I don't mind Stairway, since it's not played all that much locally. But, Sweet Home Alabama...needs to go back there, and *stay* there. That song is played on every station, at every sporting event, and in every Wal-Mart store. I don't mind a little Skynyrd now and then. But seriously, play another song!
                            Free Bird!

Comment

Autotune is the worst thing ever.

Also, even though I know intellectually that songs like Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Home Alabama, Money, anything off of Who's Next, etc. are overplayed, I don't listen to the radio ever, unless I'm at work. So those songs haven't been ruined for me, I can still listen to them without cringing, and the songs that I hear all the time at work, or while wandering around the mall or a store or something, are the ones that are overplayed in my mind.

Comment

Ugh "Whistle" is another one. Easily the worst song of the year. Brain Bleach is required after listening to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X