No announcement yet.

Overplayed songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst thing about "Whistle" is it gets stuck in my head like crazy, and then I go around singing about blowjobs all day.

It's freakin' classy.

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
      The worst thing about "Whistle" is it gets stuck in my head like crazy, and then I go around singing about blowjobs all day.

It's freakin' classy.
      I've been guilty of doing that. Not so much in front of children though! (since my jobs involve being around young children)

Comment

I read the funniest comment on youtube about "Whistle"- one person related how they caught a 6 year old relative listening to that song, and they tried to stop her, saying she was too young for that stuff. The little girl responded "What? It's about a boy buying a whistle and getting a girl to blow it for him!"

Comment

Needy has taken to singing/whistling that song while at work. I'm going to spaz on her. Or I could put "Sexy and I Know It" on repeat as payback because she hates it.
          A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBarbossa View Post
            Needy has taken to singing/whistling that song while at work. I'm going to spaz on her. Or I could put "Sexy and I Know It" on repeat as payback because she hates it.
            As bad as "Whistle" is, nobody should be subjected to that horrid acid bassline.

Go with good ol' fashioned Lambchop on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanita View Post
              I read the funniest comment on youtube about "Whistle"- one person related how they caught a 6 year old relative listening to that song, and they tried to stop her, saying she was too young for that stuff. The little girl responded "What? It's about a boy buying a whistle and getting a girl to blow it for him!"
              SO glad I wasn't drinking anything...

And a few more overplayed songs I discovered this morning on the radio:

-One More Night by I can't remember.
              -Payphone by Maroon 5.
              -Some nights or something like that by I can't remember....I think it's Gotye, but it's played SO much it's annoying.
              -Some song that has that stupid bassline which goes "Oh yeah, scuse me baby, uh, bring me baby, or something like that" followed by the singer going "Bayyybe....ohohhh baybee.....mah sweet babeh....you're the one"
              -ANYTHING by Nicki Minaj. Pound the alarm isn't SO bad though.

Comment

I actually like the song Minaj did with David Guetta, which is weird because I typically don't like either Minaj or Guetta.

Comment

Ugh, that Pay Phone song......Adam Levine needs to be choked by a pay phone cord.

This song is a YouTube thing, not so much mainstream but still popular..."What What In The Butt"...........my boyfriend torments me with that song.

Comment

I'm just going to point the entire thread to an internet review called todd in the shadows.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...teamt/tis/tpsr

And he has reviewed payphone, call me maybe, sexy and I know it, and whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                      Ugh, that Pay Phone song......Adam Levine needs to be choked by a pay phone cord.
                      I actually like Maroon 5. But, Pay Phone is starting to piss me off. Every day, that song gets played on the drive home from 5-6pm. Then, it gets played *again* a few hours later. Seriously?

Comment

I'm just going to add Katy Perry to the mix here. I swear, every station I turned to today when I made my lunch run was playing that damn Wide Awake song! Also, Some Nights is by the group "fun". Same group that did We Are Young. I don't mind either song. Oh, and Call Me Maybe needs to die. NOW.

Comment

Nicki Minaj is terrible. Her voice... it doesn't even sound human...

I'd think Justin Bieber would be overplayed, but surprisingly, I haven't heard much from him. Not that I'm complaining.

Comment

I've heard about two seconds each of two of his songs...that was all I could stand before I had to change the station. Seriously. I don't know why Bieber is even as famous as he is, other than the appeal to tweeny boppers.

Comment

I also dislike Katy Perry's two latest 'hits'. I generally have liked her music in the past, but "Wide Awake" and "Part of Me" are cheesy at best. Bah.
                              A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Originally posted by BrenDAnn View Post
                                I've heard about two seconds each of two of his songs...that was all I could stand before I had to change the station. Seriously. I don't know why Bieber is even as famous as he is, other than the appeal to tweeny boppers.
                                Funnily enough, it takes me 2 seconds to recognise "Baby" on SongPop! (pretty much a "name that tune" app on iPad and iPhone...every time my friend wins a round, I send him back either "love songs" or "today's hits" which includes Bieber)

Comment

Working...
                                X