Overplayed songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protege View Post
    Ugh. I don't mind Stairway, since it's not played all that much locally. But, Sweet Home Alabama...needs to go back there, and *stay* there. That song is played on every station, at every sporting event, and in every Wal-Mart store. I don't mind a little Skynyrd now and then. But seriously, play another song!
    The same with that stupid Kid Rock song that sampled both Sweet Home Alabama and Werewolves of London. "All Summer Long" I think was the name.

Comment

I kinda don't dislike Nicki Minaj. Most of the time I listen to much better rap, but sometimes if I'm having a really bad, anxious day I put in Nicki to calm down. It's hard to calm down while listening to Hopsin.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

New overplayed list since I listen to the radio in the car WAAAAAY too much:

-ANYTHING by Ed Sheeran. (I actually LIKE his songs, but they get played way too much)
        -"Lanterns" by Birds of Tokyo (nice song, but again, played wayyyy too much)

Comment

Sad to say the only radio station I listen to anymore is Jackalope and that's just to hear "RadioDrome" on Thursday nights.
          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Its like radio stations forget there are literally thousands of amazing songs. SO, instead of tapping this seemingly endless supply of awesomeness they play whatever seems to be popular until it makes people want to reach through the radio and punch them in the throat.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post

Not long ago, we had 104.7 The Beat. They played music that you wouldn't hear anywhere else in town. Then CC bought them, and rolled out another talk station

...and that's why I don't listen to radio much now. Too many commercials, too many annoying songs, and too much bullshit about "celebrities" during the morning drive.
              I pretty much gave up listening to radio a few years back after our one oldies station was bought and the format changed over to New Country ()

My area already has at least 4 country stations (one playing classic country, all the others so-called new country,) two R&B and Rap stations, one that plays a mix of 70's 80's and 90's AC (which has become crappy anymore) and Top 40. And the one classic rock station we do have (92.3 FM, known as Rock92) has a habit of playing the same old crap over and over again. If I hear "Stairway to Heaven" one more time, I just might send somebody there!!!

Any why my SO wants the radio on at 5:30 on (usually it's 99.5, which I used to love but became rather crappy AC lately thanks to CC or 98.7 Simon, which I'm not crazy about either) in the truck while he's taking me to work I don't know. I'd rather hear the quiet.
              If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
                Sad to say the only radio station I listen to anymore is Jackalope and that's just to hear "RadioDrome" on Thursday nights.
                I currently listen to Mix FM (Adelaide Radio Station) which plays a wider variety of music (so I'll hear some Queen then Lady Gaga then Hoodoo Gurus then Nicki Minaj...) anyway.

Although now I'm putting in some "learn Japanese" discs instead

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
                  Its like radio stations forget there are literally thousands of amazing songs. SO, instead of tapping this seemingly endless supply of awesomeness they play whatever seems to be popular until it makes people want to reach through the radio and punch them in the throat.
                  No, they didn't forget, just haven't renewed the license. The popular crap is licensed out in bulk by music companies so they're cheap to grab. Older and less well known stuff is usually really expensive and borders on extortion.

Comment

I listen to The Fox here in Frredericton, and they're pretty good. Been going on for 13 years (as of yesterday) and their format's been pretty consistent.

Sometimes they have some songs (or an extra long ad break it feels) that would make me change the channel.... Until my alternate station changed its format. Fred Rock was always my Top #2 station to listen to when I wanted more classic rock music; but then its parent company decided to abruptly change it over to Yet Another Top 40 Pop station (We already had 2 in the city). Literally, FredFM's morning show happened as normal, and as soon as it was over, they fired the morning DJ's and did the standard "Friday to Monday 4 hours of constant new music repeated to show what we're becoming" before starting the new stuff. (Planet Kool in Ottawa did similar before it became a Bob station. Ugh; forced me to switch permanantly to the Bear until I left the city)

Anyway, for hte most part Fox doesn't play songs to death; even the hit songs will only see airplay 2-3 times a day, maybe at most 5 times depending on requests.

But there are some songs that I really dislike just because of the sound of them. What's worse is that 2 of those songs are from groups that are coming to FredRock this summer; so the songs have gotten a boost in airplay lately.

One song is "City and Colour"'s Save your Scissors. The other songs I don't mind too much, but that one just makes my ears bleed. The tone of it is just wrong from what I like.

For similar reason's Big Wreck's "Albatross" is another that makes me turn off the walkman. (Used to be it would make me switch to Fred, but that's no longer an option. ). Once again, it's the tone/music style that grinds. The band's other songs I love, but that one is just ugh.

Comment

Going to have to revive this thread. Not only are these songs overplayed, but they have horrible lyrics.

-"All Of Me" John Legend. Meant to be a sappy love song, but it has the following lyrics: "All your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections". I felt dirty just writing that out.

-"Let her go" no, not the song from Frozen, the song by Passenger. I don't know the lyrics, but the singer is extremely irritating.

-"Ain't it fun" Paramore. It's the obnoxious chorus, "Don't go crying to your mama, cause you're on your own in the real world" repeated over and over again.

-"You don't know you're beautiful" One Direction: At least I could laugh at Justin Bieber.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                        Going to have to revive this thread. Not only are these songs overplayed, but they have horrible lyrics.

-"All Of Me" John Legend. Meant to be a sappy love song, but it has the following lyrics: "All your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections". I felt dirty just writing that out.

-"Let her go" no, not the song from Frozen, the song by Passenger. I don't know the lyrics, but the singer is extremely irritating.

-"Ain't it fun" Paramore. It's the obnoxious chorus, "Don't go crying to your mama, cause you're on your own in the real world" repeated over and over again.

-"You don't know you're beautiful" One Direction: At least I could laugh at Justin Bieber.
                        The only problem I'm having with All of Me right now is the seemingly uncountable remixes the song has gotten. It's a love ballad, not a techno/hip hop/EDM/dance song. Knock that shit off already.
                        Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Try the American authors song...I forget the name, but it is getting overplayed.

All of me I agree with being overplayed, but the lyrics aren't nearly as bad as songs that involve various hip-hop/rap artists describing those same "curvy" chicks with derogatory terms.

One that's come up lately is "que sera" by justice crew. (At least I think that's the title of the song), it's so damn annoying to hear.

Comment

The worst song I've heard recently is the Kongos song, "Come with Me Now." The accordion is really annoying in that song. It is one of the worst ear worms I have ever heard. Every time I hear it, I have that damn song stuck in my head for hours.
                            Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Taylor Swift is also overplayed. She's not the worst, but I'm not a fan either.

Comment

That stupid "Me and my broken heart" song. Just today, I heard it twice and it just happened to be on the station the store/restaurant had on.

Comment

Working...
                                X