No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUT has has also stated in the last couple of weeks for the world to remember that RUSSIA IS A NUCLEAR POWER and there could be consequences inheirent in that.

Putin is trying to wave a "BIG dick" policy. -- paraphrased from George Carlin's Jamming in New York HBO special (first 5 - 10 minutes in his rant about the first Gulf War).
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• "We cannot just stand idly by as Christian values and morals are trampled... Jerry Jones has betrayed American values, Christian values, and his own city's values. The people of Dallas -- and Christians all across this land -- are about to make him pay a huge financial price. The Cowboys are no longer America's team."

press release from group calling itself American Decency, claiming the signing of Michael Sam represents "the deterioration of decency in American sports"

I think the best "Eff you" that could happen would be if the Cowboys made it to the Super Bowl.

Comment

• "I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don't want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents...I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing just like Beyonce's."

Joan Rivers on her funera

Well, with the embalming she will look better dead than she did alive.

Oh come on! She would have loved the joke!

Comment

• "The House's most unique and courageous conservative seeks smart, happy interns (of all ages and backgrounds) for the remainder of the year...Mushy pleasers/appeasers keep walkin'. HINT: vapid granolas who fear guns, hate babies, are ashamed of America, and think Islamic terrorists and illegal aliens are just misunderstood will not be comfortable here."

Rep. Steve Stockman ad for interns

I couldn't get through the ad without laughing.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
            “If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks."

Vladimir Putin

I've heard those types of claims before. It rarely ends well, let alone as expected.
            Take it yes, keep it, not so much
            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

• "When you hear something on a partisan-driven program, do not believe it."

Bill O'Reilly

You heard it here folks! O'Reilly just said not to trust him.

Comment

• At least in this case he speaking in his field of expertise.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• "Every Christian in this nation should let Target know it is out of step with the majority of Americans who support natural marriage."

American Family Association, launching a boycott and misreading the numbers

1. misreading the numbers? ya don't say.
                  2. What the hell is "natural marriage"? Marriage has always been more legal contract than anything else.

Comment

• "An earlier version of a summary with this article misstated the former title of Dick Cheney. He was vice president, not president."

correction notice in the <em>New York Times</em> yesterday

Given the structure of the White House team at the time, it's an easy mistake.

Comment

• "Dick Cheney was right all along."
                      -- Wall Street Journal, 2014

"Once we'd [invaded Iraq and] gotten rid of Saddam and his government, then we'd have had to put another government in its place...How long would we have had to stay in Baghdad to keep that government in place? What would happen to the government once U.S. forces withdrew? How many casualties should the United States accept in that effort to try to create clarity and stability in a situation that is inherently unstable?...It's my view that [President George H.W. Bush] got it right [by not invading.]...It would have been a mistake for us to get bogged down in the quagmire inside Iraq."
                      -- Dick Cheney, 1991

Except there were two invasions, both under a Bush ran cabinet, So which is it?

Comment

• "Disingenuous and delusional...This president needs to rise to the occasion before we all get killed back here at home."

Sen. Lindsey Graham on Obama's ISIS strategy

Sure, because charging in guns blazing worked so well before. How's that American base in Vietnam or the stable Somalia coming along anyways?

Comment

• Fox and Friends co-hosts on Ray Rice video:

"I think the message is, 'Take the stairs.'"
                          -- Brian Kilmeade

"The message is, 'When you're in an elevator, there's a camera.'"
                          -- Steve Doocy

Welcome to Fox news, where the policy is "don't get caught".

Comment

• "They’re crazy out there and they’re rapidly developing a method of blowing up a major U.S. city and people just can’t believe that’s happening."

Sen. James Inhofe on ISIS

Well I'm not inclined to dismiss it (it won't be the first attempt) someone running around screaming "the sky is falling!" is not sufficient enough to go off half cocked.

Comment

• "'The Islamic State is not Islamic' might just be the single dumbest thing an American President has ever said."
                              -- Rep. Jeff Duncan on Obama

"They want to kill humanity. And from the viewpoint of the Islamic tenets and culture, killing an innocent people equals the killing of the whole humanity."
                              -- President of Iran Hassan Rouhami on ISIS

Gee Duncan, does that mean I get to call the WBC a shining example of Christianity?

Comment

• there really needs to be a facepalm smiley. What Obama means is that ISIS are effectively IINOs - Islamic In Name Only.

Comment

Working...
                                X